Holland | Holland needs to get it's swagger back!

teamster02

TB Lurker
Credits
I remember, when working for a (union) competitor, we would DREAD seeing Holland show up at one of our pickups, for fear of losing that business to them. One time we were having trouble getting empty's to a customer, and they called Holland and they lined up 6 trailers in a row across the whole yard! What a statement! I knew I wanted to work for them, and now do. Over the years, we have lost our pride, and positive attitude, and NEED to get it back. Our livelyhood depends on it!

We can show our customers that we are humbled by their choice in us. Despite what is going on with us internally, we need to act polite, be helpful, don't talk about the internal problems, Yes Sir/Maam ,No Sir/Maam. Show them we appreciate the business.
In house, we need to take care of things when we see it needs it. It seems folks are not writing up equipment, not calling in OS&D issues, not writing instructions on bills that couldn't be delivered, etc. I had a DR in my bills one morning that came back 3 times in a week and none of the 3 different drivers bothered writing anything on the bill or notifying the office. It was a reconsignment to another state and the customer was wondering why it was sent a 4th time. I corrected it right away for them.
Waste of fuel, waste of time for us and a shipment 7 days late.
Lets do our jobs folks or we won't have one to do. Get the Holland machine humming again!

10/4 on that. We need to keep our internal problem in house. I think some people have trouble seperating the in house problems from our customers. I will never say that we should lay down and not address our internal problems though. I think that some of our guys want to just lay down, let the mgt. walk over us, and that will fix all of our problems by letting everything slide. I disagree. We just need to be showing the positive side around all customers, every day. We have surely "lost our swagger." Hopefully things get turned around soon.:1036316054:

I looked for your swagger here at Rdwy just to see if maybe it was misrouted. Nope not here. Check over at Yell. :hide: Hope you guys can find a little humor with all the YRC crap going on. :smilie_132:

how true

I have seen first hand the holland l/h "swagger", after all most drivers(not all) have a high school diploma and a CDL.:hysterical: maybe that why they have that "swagger" :smilie_132:

see if they "swagger" over and talk now

I have seen first hand the holland l/h "swagger", after all most drivers(not all) have a high school diploma and a CDL.:hysterical: maybe that why they have that "swagger" :smilie_132:
:biglaugh: For some reason, dgfcby, I think you just lost the "winning friends at your barn" award.
See if they regale you with their exploits now.:notworthy: