Holland | Holland starting pay

miltowntrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
I have an interview on Monday for a city driver at Holland in Milwaukee. The recruiter said starting pay is $55-60k. I'm wondering what the actual hourly wage is and what the increases are to the top scale....? any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

ASK at time of interview ,as each union has different pay scale , like the 710 has the highest pay scale , and also ask about any PENSION ??? and ask about the -15% pay they take out of our pay raise's every April 1st too !!

Are you coming in with experience? If so, I wouldn't make holland your first choice. If you want what little benefits the union offers. I'd start at ABF
If you're in the limited experience category, then holland is a good starting point. You'll get some experience, and when 2019 rolls around, you'll be ready to start your career.after holland..

Ask all the questions wong said to ask. As for what the recruiter said, 48-50k is a little more believable. If you're hiring on for what little benefits the union offers, I'd go to ABF. But I should ask are you experienced? If so, you really have unlimited options right now. If you're limited experience, holland is a pretty good choice. You'll get experience, and when 2019 rolls around, you'll be ready to start your career after holland

I have an interview on Monday for a city driver at Holland in Milwaukee. The recruiter said starting pay is $55-60k. I'm wondering what the actual hourly wage is and what the increases are to the top scale....? any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Talk to YRC ATM he is city out of Milwakee......but be afraid.......very afraid!
Just curious were you aware that Dayton Old Dominion ABF and UPS all have terminals in Milwaukee? Did your car break down on the corner of sixth and college or something like that? If you follow through Good Luck to you! But don't come back here in six months saying no one warned you!

Several other carriers will start a veteran city driver out in the $21.50-$23.50 range, where Holland's starting wage is below $19.00 per hour. Several other carriers will tell a veteran city driver that "they are willing to pay extra for their experience". Trust me, I went through the process recently.
Good luck on your decision.

Talk to YRC ATM he is city out of Milwakee......but be afraid.......very afraid!
Just curious were you aware that Dayton Old Dominion ABF and UPS all have terminals in Milwaukee? Did your car break down on the corner of sixth and college or something like that? If you follow through Good Luck to you! But don't come back here in six months saying no one warned you!

Funny you asked...I did stop at Old Dominion & Saia when I left Holland. Holland offered me a job, I passed on it. I did interview at ABF today though. The interview went OK...I will jump on it offered.