HOS changes(possible)

double r

Dock delivery expert
Credits
Based on what they want to change them to.
How will this effect you if/when they go through?

Discuss:

It all depends on what they decide, the 2 periods between midnight and 0600 on the 34 hr re-start won't affect me, nor will the driving hrs, the main thing is the 2 chances to do 16 in a day, I don't want that, also I would like to see 14 and out, our boss will meet us at the yard on our 14 and take us to another driver to help sometimes, not very often, but I have put in 19 hr days because of it, especially if I was off the next day, I would like that to stop. I would like to see 10 or more off, I would hate to go back to 8, I don't think that will happen though.

I guess I have said more of what I would like to see more than how it would affect me, I suppose if I can do 2 16's in a week it will mean more hrs for me. Other than that I really don't know.

One thing that they are looking at is the 16 going away. The one that they want would allow a 16 extension BUT you would have to have three hours OFF DUTY to extend that(think nap time for OTR drivers). Also, the 14 would be the limit BUT on-duty would be limited to 13 hours; you would have to have a 30 and two 15 breaks in the 14. This is what safety sent us.

Check this link out:
SAFEDRIVERHOURS.COM | What Changes are Being Proposed by DOT?

Its gonna mess us up across the board on all areas. It ticks me off, because I love it the way it is now. Why can't they just leave us all alone? Oh thats right, I forgot, they want to increase rail...:TR10driving03:

Last edited by a moderator: