Yellow | HOS Enforcement by Yellow

yfkcmdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
This is embarrassing. I just found out you can log On-Duty-Not Driving to you hearts content even beyond your 14th hours. I'm not alone either lots of KCM and DAL drivers are arguing with me. I believed if you reached your 14th hour you had to either go to the sleeper berth, or to motel. No you just can't drive past the 14th hour. We need to get ALL Sleeper teams to log according to DOT Regs! Make Yellow have to start paying for Motels on Sleeper Teams. maybe we can eventually get rid of teams and go back to relay. They are supposed to be cracking down on us so we need to shove it up there *** and log correctly. They told me they will pay us to do it right. We need some unity! For example: KCM Safety man told us waiting on load at a foreign domicile is on-duty-not-driving. Rules state same you are on-duty-not-driving if waiting for dispatch. We have more that 50% of Sleeper Teams in KC logging it off duty. Safety man said NO,No. They only way it can be logged off duty is we relieve you of duty. Sign your paysheet, and give you a time to return. DOT rules says if relieved of duty you can leave work and do absolutly anything you want. Its time to shove it up yellow ***!!

Here is the deal, I got a new DOT Handbook. Even non-compensated time such as waiting at the terminal for a load at your laypoint (on sleepers we have to give first hour) is supposed to be logged as On-duty Not driving. Yellow Safety Man said you have to ask to be relieved of duty in order to log it off duty. Which enables you to leave terminal and do anything you want. He told us the dispatcher has to intial your log book and paysheet in order to relieve you of duty. Managment has said he will be giving us some type of clairifacation in a few weeks. We have dispatchers trying to relieve drivers of duty to save their hours during breakdowns on the road. DOT Regs says in order to be relieved of duty you must have access to a sleeper berth or bedding accomadations (ie MOTEL). We need to stick togather. Not allow the companies to have it both ways.

At NPME we have a card to keep with us saying we can log off duty for breaks and lunch. If you are on the clock at a terminal or customer it must be on duty not driving although many go top line.

At NPME we have a card to keep with us saying we can log off duty for breaks and lunch. If you are on the clock at a terminal or customer it must be on duty not driving although many go top line.
The greedy top liners are MEsters who don't mind screwing others out of work. Sad.

You may also log your breaks and lunch as on duty not driving
If something happens to the truck while in your posession who is responsible???
YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!
so log it on duty
we do

I kinda figured they are paying me so I should log it on line 4. Besides not only are you screwing over other drivers,by not logging in the appropiate spot, but couldn't this be looked at as "stealing time" ??

Does anybody know what this card is I hear drivers talking about? Its Some card claiming were Relieved of duty and able to log off duty for Lunch, Breaks, and at foriegn terminals waiting on a dispatch. Pre signed by one of our home domicile dispatchers. I guess.

at Con-way it Say's right on front of our log book the we are relieved of duty for two 15 min breaks and one 30 min lunch.

I hate to disagree with a Safety Man but, Here goes. NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY IS PERMITTED TO MAKE ANY ENTRY IN YOUR LOG BOOK EXCEPT YOU!!! What they do with your trip ticket is one thing but not in your logbook!

To me the bottom line with logging hours is (CYA) You don't want Yellow bringing you to the gallows to hang your azz, if you have an accident. And Grampa is correct that everything written in your log book HAS to be "in your own handwriting".

Hours of Service

D.O.T. rules are law, yellows rules are subject to interpretation by our union. Your 14 hour day can not be extended by any off duty time Period.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
14 HOURS IS 14 HOURS
OR 840 MINUTES HOWEVER YOU WANT IT
INCLUDING BREAKS
YOU HAVE 14 HOURS FROM WHEN YOU PUNCH IN
THATS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

Have'nt run the road for bout 12 years but if I'm right, by going top line "ROD" you can save the time for working an extra day (keep a junior man from getting it) but not to go past 14 per day. No mater what line you use. That's my interpretation and I'm seldom wrong.:hysterical: