FedEx Freight | hos rules

Goat

TB Lurker
Credits
Well the new hours of service are out. They kept the 11 hr. driving time but now can only use the 34 hr restart once every 168 hrs.(once a week) but now u have to take a 30 min. break within the first 8 hrs of being on duty.(mandatory lunch break). so look out the truck stops will be full up not to mention rest areas.

Also now u have to have 2 consecutive 1 am to 5 am periods off duty in your restart instead of the previous 12 midnight to 6 am period

We used to have an extremely high seniority line driver who never took a break or a lunch. It was point A to point B as fast as he could. Now he has lots of time for both, since he's on the outside looking in. Too many tickets. TP

Being a Pro Truck driver is becoming more of a burden than it's worth. Too much hassle and it gets old fast. The pay is not bad, granted you run efficiently, without any wrecks, traffic, weather an so on. I enjoy the friendships. But between the companies and the GOV., we will become a dying breed. Not many people wanna do this anymore because of too much BS.

The days of Billy Big Rigger are fading fast. Government rules, regulations and intervention are here to stay. The drivers who are willing to follow the rules and conduct themselves in a professional and safe manner will command the highest wages. There will be a professional driver shortage in the near future. Its up to you if you want to be a part of this program. TP

The days of Billy Big Rigger are fading fast. Government rules, regulations and intervention are here to stay. The drivers who are willing to follow the rules and conduct themselves in a professional and safe manner will command the highest wages. There will be a professional driver shortage in the near future. Its up to you if you want to be a part of this program. TP

Due to my age and time invested, I, like some others have to stick it out. If i were young again, HELL NO! I would find another line of work. Screw the trucking and FEDEX BS. I follow rules! WHEN THEY MAKE SENSE and don't endanger my life and that of others. Everyone can follow sensible rules!

The Gooberment interference is getting to be a bunch of sheeite. They tweek the HOS for the sake of tweeking,and the background check for hazmat is a crock also. Like some jehadi is going to get an endorsement before he plows a tanker into a school.

The Gooberment interference is getting to be a bunch of sheeite. They tweek the HOS for the sake of tweeking,and the background check for hazmat is a crock also. Like some jehadi is going to get an endorsement before he plows a tanker into a school.

Yea, no crap. Like its rocket science or something. Sheesh

The fingerprint company said the last time I was getting my fingerprints taken (AGAIN), that they don't keep our fingerprints on file, they only check our fingerprints to make sure we weren't bad little truck drivers during the last 4 years and then throw them away:LMAO:. That's why we have to be fingerprinted every time our CDL expires.

When a criminal is arrested for the 3rd or 4th time, do they refingerprint them every time they are arrested? I think not!

I just got a letter from the state saying I have to fill out this form declaring what class of driver I am and send it in along with my physical form. What are these people so worried about?

I just got a letter from the state saying I have to fill out this form declaring what class of driver I am and send it in along with my physical form. What are these people so worried about?

Before it's all over with, there will be a $$$ amount attached to the class we choose?

Between now and 2014, states are required to tie your medical card info to your CDL so eventually a driver won't have to carry both. The states are asking what type of driving you do (inter- or intra-) because this only applies to INTERstate drivers/carriers like FXF.

oaf