FedEx Freight | Hot fuel

hairbear

TB Regular
Credits
Any substance to the rumor that the fuel vendor delivered a load of gasoline rather than diesel to Phoenix? That 35 tractors got wasted?

fyi

I heard from a reliable source that about 6 or 7 tractors were badly affected and others would be ok. They had to drain fuel tanks and clean gas from them, but should be ok after all that... what a mess, wouldnt want to be that vendor......:smilie_132:

Really how could you not notice something like that .
I watch my fuel and would see just by the color and smell that it was wrong .

hairbear said:
Any substance to the rumor that the fuel vendor delivered a load of gasoline rather than diesel to Phoenix? That 35 tractors got wasted?
I heard the same thing FM.About 30-35 tractors.Our night guys run up to phx and turn.He told me thet had drivers taking tractors to the truck stop and fueling.I am just happy that my guy did not fuel on site.:bgroovy:

turned out it was not gas.. a tractor broke down and the repairman looked at the fuel, which is the ultra low sulpher diesel and thought it was gas.. I guess the color is about the same.. Not sure why they didn't smell it, but it really caused a rukus over nothing, not to mention a lot of $$$$