Yellow | Hot off the fax 07/09/09 Teamsters and YRCW reach tentative agreement

They are doing this on purpose... it's the deep breath before the plunge. There is probably a lot of legal bs they need to get inked out before they can really release something to us to vote on. Hopefully, this will give us something... but we all know there are going to be concessions, period.

ya have to wait and see what is going on with the contract. can't make up my mind yet.

but for all those that want to cry about the union and royal $crewing start looking for another job so i can move up the seniority list and won't have to hear a grown man cry.

They are doing this on purpose... it's the deep breath before the plunge. There is probably a lot of legal bs they need to get inked out before they can really release something to us to vote on. Hopefully, this will give us something... but we all know there are going to be concessions, period.

Finally some intelligence :clap::clap::clap::clap:

no details yet... but another 5% pay cut, 5 cents an hour towards your health and welfare and a 18 month none payment to the pension fund . but lets see what we get in the mail next week.

It would be be nice if someone would type a note those of us on mobile phone can't read the fax thanks
Here you go, hope you can read this?

To: All Freight Local Unions

Tyson Johnson, Co-Chairman, TNFINC

Date: July 9, 2009

Re: Teamsters & YRCW Reach Tentative Agreement

The Teamster National Freight Industry Negotiating Subcommittee announced today that a tentative agreement has been reached with YRCW that addresses the Company's immediate cash concerns and long-term competitiveness while protecting Teamster members' jobs and benefits once the company returns to profitability.

Details of the Tentative Agreement will be made available to the membership after being explained to Local Union leaders early next week.

"In the midst of the worst economic recession in our lifetime our Union negotiators have crafted a Tentative Agreement with YRCW that requires shared sacrifice while preserving good jobs and benefits for 35,000 YRCW workers and their families and tens of thousands Teamster retirees," said James P. Hoffa, Teamsters General President.

"This is a tough situation for the company and our members," said Tyson Johnson, Teamsters Freight Division Director and co-chairman of the TNFINC. "Our members should know our Freight leaders, Pension Fund trustees, Teamster staff and independent experts have worked tirelessly to evaluate the situation and develop a solution that protects our members and allows the company to survive the worst freight recession in several generations. We are confident this Tentative Agreement balances the need to provide job security while maintaining good quality jobs."

"This Tentative Agreement should also send a message to the industry players who are slashing prices in an attempt to force YRCW out of business that YRCW will have the resources to be here for the long haul," Johnson said.

You hit the nail on the head.
I only stated what I thought might happen. - Therefore that is a fact not a rumor. - If I would to have put "I heard that..." That would be spreading a rumor.

I am fairly sure that the YRC will not close in the next month. - I feel that they will have to file if they don't get VERY DEEP CONCESSIONS from us.
If they do not get further concessions, I feel they will be here to somewhere into next summer before being shuttered.

The sad part about what MAY happen, is that they will get the concessions. With that they will go on a price war with other LTL companies. - Now, not only do we lose our benefits,but Fedx,OD,Conway and other Non union carriers will take the same away from thier employees to match YRC.
Do you know who that is going to hurt ? ABF, UPSF and other Teamster freight company. that won't be able to cut on a whim to match pricing.

If by some miracle, YRC stays open and operating in some sort of profitability; Do you think they will be able to pay contract rates in 2013 ? - Wouldn't that put that back into the same situation as now? - I truly do want to see YRC grow and become profitable again. - I would like to be recalled also. - But at what cost ??

The only way I could agree with the vote is that ALL Monies given back in wages and benefits be used to pay down debt. NO CUTBACKS IN PRICING. - YRC could be virtually debt free by 2013 if they did just that. Remember that the 10% giveback is good for almost 1 BILLION dollars by the end of the contract. That's 1/2 thier debt alone; not including any other concessions. Another 2 years of not paying into the pension.... another 1 billion saved. With thier debt being at about 2 billion; they just paid it off. Remember that is just from our concessions. PURE SAVINGS or profit how ever you want to look at it.

That likely won't happen, because YRC exec's will continue to take more and more aslong as it is there to take.

As far as waiting ..... WHY ? IBT can post it on thier website almost as fast as they can type it up and blast fax it. O just incase you didn't notice I am very pessimistic person.

ya have to wait and see what is going on with the contract. can't make up my mind yet.

but for all those that want to cry about the union and royal $crewing start looking for another job so i can move up the seniority list and won't have to hear a grown man cry.

i hope you lose everything you have ******* hoffa dicksucker

OK, here's a fact. I'm voting NO, I don't care what kind of give-back the teamsters have come up with. YRCW pissed away the last concessions I got forced (through majority vote) to give them-ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!