ODFL | hotel warning

easttnhillbilly

TB Regular
Credits
was in fwt the other day arrived just as my 14 hours was up and was told they did not have a motel they won't let you go to dallas motel and the ones in that area alot won't let you park a truck and they ones that do aren't cheap just a warning for drivers heading to fort worth the term manager did say they were trying to work something out with a hotel on i 20 but as of right now the deal ain't going anywhere

was in fwt the other day arrived just as my 14 hours was up and was told they did not have a motel they won't let you go to dallas motel and the ones in that area alot won't let you park a truck and they ones that do aren't cheap just a warning for drivers heading to fort worth the term manager did say they were trying to work something out with a hotel on i 20 but as of right now the deal ain't going anywhere

Where did you stay ?

found a days inn but was told that trucks was not aloud in that part of city and i would be risking a parking ticket for parking on there lot but luckly i did not get cought

found a days inn but was told that trucks was not aloud in that part of city and i would be risking a parking ticket for parking on there lot but luckly i did not get cought

Anybody know if this problem has been fixed yet ? They should know you are enroute and how much time you've got left.Would it do any good to call before you get there ?

this happened monday night the term manager told me he would try to work on a motel some more he found a hotel on i 20 that well let trucks park at but they want $70.00 a night so he is still looking for a closer and better deal lets hope he gets lucky but i don't see why they can't let you use your po # and go to the dallas motel ther e use to be hotels that where 30 to 40 miles away before it would be better than trying to find one out of our own pocket

so why didnt tm or somebody from the shop drive you to motel so you could get sleep? p/u when your time was up or next load is ready? sounds like they put it on you to find a motel.

It wont last long. Send a couple of drivers from GBO in there and they talk to the right Higher ups and BOOM DFW T/M finds motel might even be told which one.

Thats right I have seen it before. No more saving Jiffs hooked to tractors GBO drivers said stop. We did.
Hotels and jiffs are two different things.Besides if your not using the dolly that is hooked on your tractor while your at home and there are no other one's in the yard,well you have to give it up,sorry.I know who and what happened there and it wasn't a gbo driver that did that.I could care less about the jiff that you like so much as long as there is one for me to use when I get out of the hotel.That goes for any terminal I go to.

Its cool dude I did not keep a jiff. Just remember it and was told it was a GBO driver or was it a MRT driver. Really I do not care I get along with most everybody. I thought it was hilarious that the drivers cared that much about there Jiffs.
Just brought it up. Hey I hope some GBO driver does fix the Motel problem in FW TX.

If its green and white drive it or pull it.

does anybody know if they have fixed the motel problem i don't go through texas much and are there any more terminals with the same problem i know mia got in trouble last summer because three drivers had to sleep in day cabs because of no motel all of theres where full because of construction workers rebuilding from the huricanes just curious

Not that I know of for now.Have been to FWT but only passed thru,very nice terminal.The MIA motel deal has been fixed.The MIA folks were always having motel issues before the hurricanes and it's to my understanding it had alot to do with the old manangement that were running it at the time.(at od that is)

new warning

this info is a couple of days old i have not been near a computer and just got home
for drivers runing den and laying over at comfort inns do not park in the middle of the lot keep your truck backed in around the edges so it is visible they are having vehicles broke into in broad daylight they pick the one clutered up in the cent so they hid there movements one got hit will i was there the couple lost all there belongings the suspects ae one hisp.female one hisp. male and two black males they are driving a blue ford minivan and a red or maroon suv possibly a blazer did not get a good look at it the cops say they have been seen there regularly

do what i did...tell the terminal to find me a room. and your 10 dont start till they find one.
you dont know the area and your in a 13 6 truck...you cant go exploring to find a room.

i did this several times and it works.

do what i did...tell the terminal to find me a room. and your 10 dont start till they find one.
you dont know the area and your in a 13 6 truck...you cant go exploring to find a room.

i did this several times and it works.

That might work during the week but not on the weekends.