ODFL | How are things handled at your terminal ...

@lhdrvr these matters seem to be handled differently by each terminal / linehaul manager. I am not aware of any broad 'corporate policy' on such matters. I can tell you that at HAR, it can vary. Usually if a new run is introduced it is put on the board for all to bid on. If a run becomes vacant for whatever reason then drivers can bid on the run starting at where the original driver was on the seniority roster at the time of the original bid. Often, new runs or vacant runs will be covered by extraboard drivers, and these drivers aren't always chosen based on their seniority. So it's a grand mix of how it's handled, but usually runs are bid on by drivers - extraboard or not.

well guys the follow up to this is that back when i wrote this i called ....... I was totally blown off and actually told "don't stress yourself out over matter that don't concern you." Essentially he only wanted to hear from a driver on the extra board that had not been offered an open schedule and passed over. Calling what I had to say "hearsay" even though all was verifiable. ..... did clarify we have a corporate wide process of filling open and new schedules by the extra board top to bottom by seniority if no one takes lowest has to do...we all knew this. Even though I explained to him this was not being done and the manger was telling me to my face ...not hearsay ...that he won't do it that way because it would take too much time, ...... would not do anything unless someone who had been directly effected called and had a "good" case. I mean seriously, if that's how corporate is ran, where they have no control over their management in the terminals, I'm done trying to help anyone. Punch in, puch out, do my job, only do what's legal, reject the bs over weight and screwed up hazmat, go home.

Driver, I've never even attempted to become involved with corporate politics or office policy - it's not worth it. Best to just do your job and stick to driving.

well guys the follow up to this is that back when i wrote this i called ....... I was totally blown off and actually told "don't stress yourself out over matter that don't concern you." Essentially he only wanted to hear from a driver on the extra board that had not been offered an open schedule and passed over. Calling what I had to say "hearsay" even though all was verifiable. ..... did clarify we have a corporate wide process of filling open and new schedules by the extra board top to bottom by seniority if no one takes lowest has to do...we all knew this. Even though I explained to him this was not being done and the manger was telling me to my face ...not hearsay ...that he won't do it that way because it would take too much time, ...... would not do anything unless someone who had been directly effected called and had a "good" case. I mean seriously, if that's how corporate is ran, where they have no control over their management in the terminals, I'm done trying to help anyone. Punch in, puch out, do my job, only do what's legal, reject the bs over weight and screwed up hazmat, go home.
Well,another one stopped drinking the kool-ad.:poster oops:

Driver, I've never even attempted to become involved with corporate politics or office policy - it's not worth it. Best to just do your job and stick to driving.
This doesn't look good, you say you do not tell the company how to run the business, change their policy and just do your job.
I'll bet you don't even have a truck stop law degree, sorry, I'm just not sure about your future as a truck driver. best luck

Oh, and we don't use the word 'bid,' anymore. Apparently it smacks too much of union talk. We can call bid time 'schedule selection,' or 'schedule allocation.'

:6837:
Yes...God forbid employees of a non-union company use a ‘union word’ (huh???) like ‘bid’. Is Ump allowed to use the word ‘strike’?....I mean...since he’s an ump and all? Would that be okay, or would he get his fanny paddled?

Yes...God forbid employees of a non-union company use a ‘union word’ (huh???) like ‘bid’. Is Ump allowed to use the word ‘strike’?....I mean...since he’s an ump and all? Would that be okay, or would he get his fanny paddled?

According to Billy, Ump is allowed use of the words "Gee and Haw" when driving a team of goats on or off any public highway
with no reprocusion!