Estes | How backed up is it really?

We have city guys running the road during the day. Its not that were super busy, its that we don't have the man power at night to move the freight.

Nobody wants the night stuff
It's so true. We will hire for flex/ combo and as soon as they find out they have to work nights they say it isn't for them. We have zero daytime line runs so it's hard to convince guys to stick it out for a few years to have a shot at working days. All these new drivers seem to have this idea in their minds that trucking is a 9-5 and hang up the keys after 8.

It's so true. We will hire for flex/ combo and as soon as they find out they have to work nights they say it isn't for them. We have zero daytime line runs so it's hard to convince guys to stick it out for a few years to have a shot at working days. All these new drivers seem to have this idea in their minds that trucking is a 9-5 and hang up the keys after 8.
Time to make some changes if something needs a "recruiter" it usually means its gonna be nasty

I 80 was closed in WY. 4 days ,and flood gates just opened yesterday.We added 4 new runs ,0 XB, with 5 openings . 55/60 trailers in the hole ( weather delays) but I think this is only the beginning of things to come with all the money pumped in the economy,and states reopening.Ops man. is trying to get 7/10 extra guys for the weekend .

We’ve got 9 runs posted that none of the extraboard guys wanted at the bid. 6 of them are 500 mile runs. 1 is a short day run.

They’ve started the rotated mandatory 6th day again. $100 extra for your 6th trip.

Freight falling off the dock. Nowhere to put a trailer. Dock workers working 24/7.

Figure 3,400 miles at $.745 = $2,533 $131,716 annually. Can cash in 80 hours of vacation pay (2 weeks) now at $38.60 an hour. Potential earnings of $134,804
Haters will say, "who want's to work like that?" but it's not hard work

Figure 3,400 miles at $.745 = $2,533 $131,716 annually. Can cash in 80 hours of vacation pay (2 weeks) now at $38.60 an hour. Potential earnings of $134,804
Haters will say, "who want's to work like that?" but it's not hard work
Mmmm. Filet mignon fajitas every day......:1036316054:

Back when I was looking for another job. I applied at Estes and ups package as a feeder. Ups called for the feeder driver job. Estes called and said they would hire me on the dock. I said no thanks