Central Transport | How is Central Transport

Griswold

TB Lurker
Credits
I’ve noticed a local opening for central transport in my area and have considered applying but there isn’t a lot of info about the company. I’ll be honest when saying it’s not my first choice of companies, but finding a LTL company that’s hiring in my smaller area of Missouri is non existent right now.

It seems like the pay is decent.

Are there any Central drivers on here that can give me some insight into the company. Thanks.

I had a friend run linehaul for them just thinking it was going to be until I find another job. That lasted 5+ years for him. He eventually quit cause he got tired of working 14 hours everyday. If you need a home everyday job or there's no other jobs currently available close by than I'd say give it a try. The trailers are junk but at least the tractors have been getting better over the last few years.

If you need a home everyday job or there's no other jobs currently available close by than I'd say give it a try.

I’m definitely looking for something to be home everyday. But then again, I’m currently employed, I don’t hate my current job and I’m not especially desperate. That being said, I really do want to sleep in my own bed everyday again and be home more.

Thanks for the input.

I’m definitely looking for something to be home everyday. But then again, I’m currently employed, I don’t hate my current job and I’m not especially desperate. That being said, I really do want to sleep in my own bed everyday again and be home more.

Thanks for the input.
Griswold, at your convenience, go,to good ole YouTube and search “Central Transport”. That mite help you make a decision..

I worked there about 15 years ago and got my doubles experience there. It wasn’t a good place to work at all then but it may have improved. The equipment was junk, the pay was awful, the insurance was a joke, but I did get some time pulling pups and learned enough to get a better job.

Now I don’t think they pull doubles at all. I only see them running vans up and down the highway.

Things are probably better there now but I’d definitely be talking to actual current employees before I made the jump.

Give it a try, make your own decision. You never know.
This is true. I have taking chances on jobs in the past that got a lot of negativity, but rolled the dice and they were no where as bad as they were made out to be. What might not work for one might be a good fit for you. If not stay there until something better comes along. My personal opinion is just about any l.t.l is better than over the road truckload.