Yellow | How Many Locals Objecting To C.O.O.?

zippersbs

TB Lurker
Credits
Hopefully this thread will stay on track!

How many locals are objecting to the C.O.O. that are forthcoming? & what are the concerns & reasons why?

The C.O.O. will be heard in San Antonio, Tx. on 5/12/08 & 5/13/08 & we as a Union need to get the answers to all of our concerns. So this thread might shed light on some questions & concerns not thought of by other locals.

We had an informational meeting on 5/1 here in DET. Our main objective was on the vagueness of the change & the loss of work & runs (gained & lost). This was an "informational meeting" nothing was changed & nothing was promised only lnformation on how Yellow wants to operate the Utlity drivers & the Velocity drivers.

Here in DET we are losing 6 cartage & gaining 2 road. We will no longer run NSH, TRV, ALP, PTH & will lose runs going to IND, & STL. We will gain 3 runs to CTI & 5 runs to CVE/RFO.

If your terminal is losing a road driver & your gaining a utility driver, they will try to fill the utility position in house. If the utility position is not filled "In House", then it will be bid on in the master pool by the drivers who sign up for the relocate phone bid.

We here in DET have 6 road drivers laid off, "IF" these numbers stand, the 2 drivers relocating to DET will go above the laid off drivers (reguardless of seniority) until which time the laid off drivers are recalled, at the time of recalled laid off drivers, they will reset in seniority order.

AGAIN, THIS WAS JUST WAS THE COMPANY PROPOSES!!!!! THE ULTIMATE DECISION WILL BE MADE IN SAN ANTONIO, TX. BY THE C.O.O. COMMITTEE

Rules On Utility Jobs

Does anyone know if a dock worker at a losing terminal can transfer into a gaining utility terminal. Wondering if anybody knew.

Does anyone know if a dock worker at a losing terminal can transfer into a gaining utility terminal. Wondering if anybody knew.

According to the company @ our informational meeting, YES, but, you must have a valid CDL with endorsements to transfer into a utility position. The utility driver position will be open to the entire master pool, road & cartage.

According to the company @ our informational meeting, YES, but, you must have a valid CDL with endorsements to transfer into a utility position. The utility driver position will be open to the entire master pool, road & cartage.

Can you clarify, you must have a valid cdl, not get one. You have 60 days to get company qualified, but the change states you must have a cdl to bid a ue.

Can you clarify, you must have a valid cdl, not get one. You have 60 days to get company qualified, but the change states you must have a cdl to bid a ue.

If your not qualified you get 60 days to do so. And as far as the topic here Local 776 is opposed to both the Roadway and Yellow coo from what our local has told us and the Letter they posted that was send to the freight division.

The only comment that the Labor guy here gave to most questions was;Article 3 section 7 and Article 8 section 6. He kept stressing those without saying too much, but from his actions if our Reps. in San Antonio don't step up we better greese up good!!!

We can NOT LIKE the change all we want. IF it's done Per The Contract, (that we approved by a great majority) I don't see how we can stop it??????

I will be going to San Antonio next Sunday and will let you guys know.....if you want to know what is going on.....go to The TruckingBoards.com!.......KK

I will be going to San Antonio next Sunday and will let you guys know.....if you want to know what is going on.....go to The TruckingBoards.com!.......KK

KK, One of the big issues we are concerned about is laid off people getting to vote in order of seniority (No inactive list, all one list). We have guys w/up to 6 years, that will be classifed as second string (inactive). Based on the response I have seen and was told at our monthly meeting, our local doesn't seem to be interested in picking up the ball on this. Please try to make sure it gets addressed. It may be the difference between whether or not I've permanently lost my job and pension. I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Toby...I sure am glad Danny and Carlos are out front on this thing. I've worked closely with both and they ARE freight!!

Hey bro I was at our local union meeting today and had the chance to stop in Carlos office he was working on the briefs that he is using in San Antonio for the coos. I had the chance to look at a draft of the Roadway one and I can tell you that it is very good lot of good challenges to what the company is trying to do along with some very good examples of conflicts between the proposed coo and the language in the contract as well as the Info the IBT put out about the utility drivers intent.I hope that the Committee sees it as he does if they do I think we will be OK.

For those of you that are going to San Antonio I would suggest that when you see the freight VP's walking around the hotel you let them know just how we the members expect them to make sure that these changes don't go through as proposed. You might want to also take a copy of all those bulletins that the IBT send pry or to the vote on the utility and what it was that they told us this was supposed to be make sure you hold their feet to the fire. Hopefully they will do the right thing for us.

Sunday Night At The Hotel Bar!

For those of you that are going to San Antonio I would suggest that when you see the freight VP's walking around the hotel you let them know just how we the members expect them to make sure that these changes don't go through as proposed. You might want to also take a copy of all those bulletins that the IBT send pry or to the vote on the utility and what it was that they told us this was supposed to be make sure you hold their feet to the fire. Hopefully they will do the right thing for us.
Make sure you catch Tyson and the other VP's in the bar on Sunday night and shove those Freight Update flyers in their faces and tell them "the members didn't forget"! Tell them to stand up to the YRC Labor Execs and protect what's left of the Freight Division! We have enough "spies" down there who will let us know if they sell us out! FIGHT THE POWER! :USA: