Reddaway | How many Reddaway employees actually share space with YRC?

Goober

TB Lurker
Credits
I ask this because I do.

I can unequivocally say this. While we at Reddaway slice and dice and do whatever it is to make a profit, YRC is spending it like crazy.

Hell we don't even get to hand out calendars this year. YRC is giving out candy, mouse pads, hats etc.

I watch these guys work, I see their freight. They are the biggest leaches I've ever seen. Their productivity sucks. You see their linehaul pull in with one trailer out of their break facility and two hours later another guy is pulling in with only one as well. It's amazing they can't figure out how to wait two hours and send only one driver with both. When I check inbound and see a trailer arrival at the break facility at 6:00 and one at 8:00, I know both are leaving at the later time together.

Then they sit in their glass ball and reply that it's Reddaway sucking them dry...lol. The stuff I've heard from YRC's drivers amaze me.

I could go on and on about stuff. They let a driver spend company time, with company vehicle and trailer move a friend for free on the weekend. When I gave the big WTF, I was told it was promoting good business. For giving away free time and use of company vehicles?

They also pick and choose what they wish to deliver. Then they pawn their crap on us as an "interline". When they get really slow their "interline" points disappear and they start delivery their own freight.

Sorry for the rant but YRC has killed us.

Anyone else see them first hand?

Then they sit in their glass ball and reply that it's Reddaway sucking them dry...lol. The stuff I've heard from YRC's drivers amaze me.

Anyone else see them first hand?

I'm flabbergasted when I hear this from them too.
You need a big brass pair to make a statement like that, when they are the lowest producers per man in the country.

Be patient Goober.
YRC soon to implode (according to stock market annalists as of 12/9/9).
You can second guess this crap 'till the cows come home amigo, but rest assured NO Redd employee has any control over the current blood sucking ownership / financial manipulation situation.
Financial concessions on our (Redd employees) part are literally a drop in the YRC financial bucket.
In their ( YRC management) eyes we as employees are a necessary evil / just a cost of doing business.
They have their problems, we have ours.
In a perfect world :Corporate Receiver moves in, YRC management moves out, USF Reddaway sold to.......yadayada
Redd's only hope of survival is to be sold to a REAL trans entity.
Heck, I'd be interested in an employee owned Reddaway if the package could be put together and offered by the Corp Receiver.
This was and still could be a great company.
Be proud of past company history, accomplishments and hard work on your part as an individual employee.
But most important....be patient!
Cheers
GWN

Sell what?

The reality is, there is nothing left of us (Reddaway) to sell. YRC has sold off all of our real assets, we are nothing but trucks (most of which we do not own either) and employees. What exactly would a potential buyer buy? you can not sell customer base because you can not guarantee they will stay with Reddaway.

It's sad when the non-union employees of Reddaway must take a 15% paycut to make Reddaway profitably while our union brothers vote against the cut and do nothing. We are all Reddaway! If our union brothers do not wish to help Reddaway then maybe Reddaway does not need the union.

It's sad when the non-union employees of Reddaway must take a 15% paycut to make Reddaway profitably while our union brothers vote against the cut and do nothing. We are all Reddaway! If our union brothers do not wish to help Reddaway then maybe Reddaway does not need the union.

Well here we go again !! We voted on a CONTRACT and WAGE CUT ! If the contract was liveable and not the ::shit:: that was offered the vote MIGHT have been different. Funny how we are your ( brothers) in the first part of your post and thrown under the bus in the last. YOU are not OUR brother .

Here we go again....:BlahBlah::BlahBlah::BlahBlah:
I wish you could have come up with something original to say. You know what they say.

How about maybe if you all would not have voted the union out you wouldn't of had to take a paycut and you could have voted on your future too......You think????

Well here we go again !! We voted on a CONTRACT and WAGE CUT ! If the contract was liveable and not the ::shit:: that was offered the vote MIGHT have been different. Funny how we are your ( brothers) in the first part of your post and thrown under the bus in the last. YOU are not OUR brother .

What was offered was the chance for the union to help Reddaway. Don't worry, the rest of Reddaway will do our best to keep the doors open.

How did the company get the pay cut thru the union in So. Cal. with out a vote ?
I don't think it will be long before something happens up north they can not leave the situation like it is without problems with everyone in the company that's taken a pay cut knowing who has not is not going to work for much longer.

How did the company get the pay cut thru the union in So. Cal. with out a vote ?
I don't think it will be long before something happens up north they can not leave the situation like it is without problems with everyone in the company that's taken a pay cut knowing who has not is not going to work for much longer.

Has the union employees in Cal taken a pay cut ? IF they did they voted on it ! When this company can come to the table with a decent contract we will vote in a pay cut as well. This is whats called STANDING ON YOUR PRINCEPALS !! If the company wants to cut thier nose off to spite thier face SO BE IT !!

Has the union employees in Cal taken a pay cut ? IF they did they voted on it ! When this company can come to the table with a decent contract we will vote in a pay cut as well. This is whats called STANDING ON YOUR PRINCEPALS !! If the company wants to cut thier nose off to spite thier face SO BE IT !!

From talking to the drivers at LAX there was no vote and they took the cut, I'm not at LAX but going there every now and then and heard it from a bunch of the drivers.

Or is it the Membership that's cutting off it's own nose to spite it's fate and time will tell.

From talking to the drivers at LAX there was no vote and they took the cut, I'm not at LAX but going there every now and then and heard it from a bunch of the drivers.

Or is it the Membership that's cutting off it's own nose to spite it's fate and time will tell.

Ok my bad they voted and were told the pay cut would not happen untill the Teamsters in the northwest got it too. So they are not very happy over there.