Yellow | Hypothetical Question ??

Yellow, Roadway, Dugan, Bestway, Reddaway. This was fairly short-lived. They closed down Dugan and Bestway fairly quickly.
I didn't know Dugan was out west. Wasn't there a USF Holland as well? Never saw tractors of Dugan's or Holland, but the saw the occasional trailer at a Bestway or Reddaway yard.

I didn't know Dugan was out west. Wasn't there a USF Holland as well? Never saw tractors of Dugan's or Holland, but the saw the occasional trailer at a Bestway or Reddaway yard.
Not sure how far west Dugan operated, or Bestway either. I saw them in various Colorado and New Mexico points.

It was Sanborn's,gotta hand it to you Puffy,you know your trucking history...A lot of what you say is true...APA was a 3 list barn(road,dock,city),and when Arthur's son took the reigns,Armand Pohan(adopted),things changed fast...Armand Pohan was a corporate real estate educated lawyer,who wanted nothing to do with trucking,his heart was never in it,it was in real estate and on the waterways...Back then,a lot of freight was floor loaded,time consuming back breaking work...Think nothing of and normal sending you to Mid-town Manhattan or anywhere in the City,including the Bronx,Brooklyn,and Queens with 15/17 deliveries of a cubed out straight job and expecting PU's to boot:hilarious:....At ''every'' meeting,which was often in the morning,Armand would bitch and moan about the Union,''can't compete'',''losing customers'',''non-union pricing killing us''...Tried some concessions through the years,combination dock/driver,road/city work,among other things...Armand Pohan wanted out of trucking,that was the bottom line,we were ''busy'' right up to the end...Real Estate and NY Waterways was his 'Future'...And to this day,still growing,still expanding,dedicating this new ''Ferry'' in honor of ''Arthur'' just last summer...Deregulation was the killer!!!!

https://www.nj.com/galleries/LTBP4QEVDNANPIGFBNC47YSQCI/

The Impreatore's were not stupid people, if they could make a decent $$$$ in trucking they'd do it
They understood the changing landscape and having a teamster workforce was not going to be competitive in the new marketplace.
So they looked elsewhere....