FedEx Freight | I did my insurance today...

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
I did my insurance today and am at $450 a month. Boy does that suck.
We stayed on the high plan for my wife and I with dental and vision along
with going to a $1500 for the HSA and some life insurance for both of us.
I found the health insurance to have gone up $500 and the dental about
$200 that was the biggest changes along with the deductibles. This puts
us about $5400 for the year , quite a bite out of things. I guess they are
getting us ready for the dumping onto Obama Care. I'm not one to cheap
out on health insurance because you can be fine one day and sick the next.
We have watched some of our friends loose almost everything because of
trying to be cheap and saving $1 . I'll cry a bit and suck it up.

Your thoughts out out there .....

I'm retired and on a fixed income. I pay $804.00 a month for the wife and I just for health insurance. We finally had to go with less coverage because the premium was getting so high. And guess what happen. The wife got sick but we were able to cover the additional costs this time. Now it's November and time for our health insurance premium to go up again. I think the biggest problem with health insurance is your not just paying for your family, your also paying for those who have no insurance.

I'm also retired. Medicare is 140X2 supplemental insurance is 100X2 per month. Co-pay for doctor visits runs between 25-45 per visit plus prescriptions. People without insurance uses the emergency room as there health care provider. One thing for sure the prices won't be going down.

I'm also retired. Medicare is 140X2 supplemental insurance is 100X2 per month. Co-pay for doctor visits runs between 25-45 per visit plus prescriptions. People without insurance uses the emergency room as there health care provider. One thing for sure the prices won't be going down.
I'm pre medicare. Your right about people without insurance but guess who pays for them. Next time you go over a hospital bill guess why the three ibuprofens cost your supplemental plan two hundred dollars.

I keep the top plan, we used it 2 years ago, 46 hours in ICU and just test , $20grand .. I didn't pay a dime. You never know when you will need it, it was nice to have.

I'm retired, not old enough for Medicare yet. Paying $850 per month, just a few years ago it was $500. Obamacare is costing me $350 per month so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to say the Maggot Obama cost us at least $2000 this year between the
increase in health care cost and deductibles. I laugh at the Liberal friends of mine
that don't even know that they can no longer deduct 7% but it will now be 10%
of the total income for health care expensive now . I guess they will be happy
that they were so Pro O-Maggot. You get what you pay for but the rest of us
will pay for you looses.

increase in health care cost and deductibles. I laugh at the Liberal friends of mine
will pay for you looses.

Sad but true. Get ready for 4 more years of the same.

will pay for you looses.
I spent four years in the Corps and then worked for 36 years. Now I'm retired and still taking care of my families health care needs. I'll help my neighbor all I can but where does it stop. Want a real eye opener? Sit in an emergency room and see the maggots that keep your health insurance costs so high.

Welcome to the FedEx shell game. Watch stupid employes get excited about their raise in the middle of the year. Now come the first of the next year you take that raise and a little extra and blame it on the cost of insurance. We are suckered every year by this game. Why do you think insurance and raises dont happen at the same time. Even a stupid truckdriver might end up figuring out their game.

The price of EVERYTHING continues to go up and yes we are still bringing home the same amount after all of the insurance and taxes for years. I know I'm supposed to be grateful for having a job, but wouldn't it be easier to watch tv all day and chat on my free cell phone and internet?

This is just one issue a unified work force negotiates at the bargaining table.

A subtle attempt at union talk? In a union negiotation, everything is up for grabs. And given the Teamsters ongoing 32 year long failure to negotiate a contract worth working under....you still believe in them? Amazing.

ST

We're getting screwed. Look at UPS and their benefits. The two don't compare. Plus the fact that we probably have more employees. We should have a lot more leverage.

A subtle attempt at union talk? In a union negiotation, everything is up for grabs. And given the Teamsters ongoing 32 year long failure to negotiate a contract worth working under....you still believe in them? Amazing.

ST

Do you have any idea what ABF pays for Health benefits? You're blinded by the ANTI-union agenda and have closed your nugget to even give it a thought. I just said it was one issue that is discussed at the table. FXF made $162m last year and has already doubled the profits this quarter versus this time last year. Another issue is a raise of more than 2.2% or whatever we got. I'm not all gung-ho on unionizing but if FXF is just going to continue to raise our health benefits cost and continue with raises in the 2% range then perhaps it's time to take a look. Just read these posts and you can practically see the tears running down the faces of these guys/gals about the rising costs of things which in turn decreases their take home pay. Please enlighten us to this 32 year failure you speak of... WE are the employees, WE would be the union and WE would negotiate a contract. You have the misconception that 'THE UNION' is a third party that negotiates on our behalf.