Yellow | I don't want to throw too much out at once at you guys--

superstar

TB Lurker
Credits
But the way this has been explained to me is that by next Fri. what the banks are looking for is just the consensus that we will negotiate a new contract and that it would voted on by the 1st of the year and in place.
The same guy in YRC mgmt. that has told my friend about the 7% pay raise was questioned by my friend as to why this wasn't brought out in Dallas his reply was to please be patient and see what they bring to the table. He has again stated to my friend that they are not stupid as to what the outcome of a vote would be if they ask for more concessions. A new contract going forward is what they want for five years not the exact same as in place now.
But guys check this out this is the one rumor you will love!!!! They want to give us back the weeks vacation they took from us but there is a catch--the weeks vacation back minus the 5 hrs. of straight time so instead of 45 hrs you would get 40 hrs of straight time.
Please don't start bad mouthing me I am not telling you this is the truth and this is what will be but THIS IS WHAT HE WAS TOLD.
And no elaboration on the 7% either as to what exactly that means. If you just did a straight up calculation on our hourly that would equate to 29 cents a year. Have to see what is negotiated.

The 40 hours for vacation pay applies only to the one week given back or to all weeks of vacation?

thanks superstar.my concern tho is they want to address excessive a bsenteism by giving back a. weeks vacation? however 5 weeks at. 40 hrs. pay. is the same $ as 4 weeks at. 50 hours pay but with an extra week off.

40 hour vacation pay is fine.
WE ARE NOT HAVING OUR MEETING UNTIL NEXT WEEKEND.
IF WE DON'T GET THE INFO FROM THE WEB, WE GET NO INFO.

thanks superstar.my concern tho is they want to address excessive a bsenteism by giving back a. weeks vacation? however 5 weeks at. 40 hrs. pay. is the same $ as 4 weeks at. 50 hours pay but with an extra week off.
I'm concerned too about the absenteeism , the present contract gives then enough tools to work with, they don't need extra! Besides they know who the problem people are... deal with them one on one :732: thanks superstar!

I'm concerned too about the absenteeism , the present contract gives then enough tools to work with, they don't need extra! Besides they know who the problem people are... deal with them one on one :732: thanks superstar!

I hate the double standards. A kiss up can miss when ever and nothing is said, a true brother misses or goes home early one time and its the apocalypse.

Ok, so now you are saying they want a new contract, not extend the same as in place now. So that means they want to change it a.k.a more concessions

But the way this has been explained to me is that by next Fri. what the banks are looking for is just the consensus that we will negotiate a new contract and that it would voted on by the 1st of the year and in place.
The same guy in YRC mgmt. that has told my friend about the 7% pay raise was questioned by my friend as to why this wasn't brought out in Dallas his reply was to please be patient and see what they bring to the table. He has again stated to my friend that they are not stupid as to what the outcome of a vote would be if they ask for more concessions. A new contract going forward is what they want for five years not the exact same as in place now.
But guys check this out this is the one rumor you will love!!!! They want to give us back the weeks vacation they took from us but there is a catch--the weeks vacation back minus the 5 hrs. of straight time so instead of 45 hrs you would get 40 hrs of straight time.
Please don't start bad mouthing me I am not telling you this is the truth and this is what will be but THIS IS WHAT HE WAS TOLD.
And no elaboration on the 7% either as to what exactly that means. If you just did a straight up calculation on our hourly that would equate to 29 cents a year. Have to see what is negotiated.

Thanks Superstar!
This is what I was told by my Steward today also.
That there needs to be a consensus vote, as to, being willing, to open up the contract for renegotiation.
Once that happens then the Company and the Union will negotiate the new contract, and, there will be a second vote to accept what was negotiated, or, not.

I was told, that if, they don't get the consensus vote needed for the negotiations to take place the Company will be in Bankruptcy by the end of 2014.

Personally, not giving them permission to even negotiate seems foolish to me.

Thanks Superstar!
This is what I was told by my Steward today also.
That there needs to be a consensus vote, as to, being willing, to open up the contract for renegotiation.
Once that happens then the Company and the Union will negotiate the new contract, and, there will be a second vote to accept what was negotiated, or, not.

I was told, that if, they don't get the consensus vote needed for the negotiations to take place the Company will be in Bankruptcy by the end of 2014.

Personally, not giving them permission to even negotiate seems foolish to me.

That's reasonable bubba.

I read the postings on here but I don't reply, I would like some of you, to start going to your Union Meetings and get informed first hand, rather than this, He said or She said. I sent Welch an E-Mail and he does respond, ask your Steward to gather some Question from all of his members at his barn, E- Mail them to Welch and post his response. One question I asked Welch was, what has the Union members and non-union employees,done to cause these problems. His reply was (nothing) . But we need your consensus.

we don't have to accept the offer. it it sucks, we vote it down. i am glad Mr. Hoffa is standing tough, but we should have our say in the form of a vote.
our local will meet next weekend.