i have some questions

cannibal

TB Lurker
Credits
could anyone tell me or give me some info, on how the road drivers jobs work and how they get paid and how much time do they get off? i just started with wilson and then my reserve unit got called up to go to iraq, when i return i would like to apply in the charlotte terminal. does anyone know if they hire for road drivers out of charlotte or columbia?

thanks for your help!!!

You work for Wilson right now?
They require 2 mos. local driving or dock work b4 qualifying you to go to line-haul, then its first come first serve if a Road driver job comes available it goes to the senior guys if there's multiple people wanting it. Chances are you wont have to wait long. They will start you out at 48 (+-) cpm and give you a 1 cpm raise every 6 mos till you reach 53cpm. You drive at night about 2500 miles/wk and get home sat morning and leave out sun night or mon night. Charlotte is a big terminal and they will hire often. Big Bird is outta there, just watch out for his yellow feathers!

I'm sure they still consider you an employee unless you officially quit- Thats good, b/c you are accumulating seniority while away! LOL

be careful and be safe over there and most of all thanks for what you do cannibal:1036316054: