Yellow | I heard a good story today

All I can say is: you won't get anywhere with discussing anything with the locals in Buffalo. You're better off getting a six pack and a bag of chips and talking to your german shepherd that has his head in your lap looking up at you with those big brown eyes just begging for some beer n chips. No luck with the locals in Buffalo--been there, done that.... disgusting....

MIKEEEEE said:
yo echano.....

just take him to ted's and buy him a steak dinner.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, they have steak at Ted's now? He's been eating filet mignon from Omaha Steaks lately. Someone sent them to me and I can't stand the taste of them.. He would probably like :spam1: too, but that would make me :puke: just to serve it to him.

Did some crazy person ask if I was a good union man??? I sure am, but watch your locals!! They suck.

Well I don't know what all the crying is about ? The guy made a suggestion all be it probably to the wrong people but still he is probably just looking for a way to bring more work to the barn. We went through the same thing in STL about 6 years ago when the Company wanted to bring sleepers into STL. Alot of the guy were dead set against it and fought and fought to keep them out because they were afraid of how they were going to be set up and run out of STL. But thanks to some tough negotiating and hard work on the part of our union reps when they did come they worked out pretty good for STL. Of course only a few guys found that they liked them, but they were set up so that it was do-able for anyone who had to run them. This year the Co. took the sleepers out of STL and there were actually a couple of guys who moved to other barns on the change just to stay on them. BUt when you loose 20 jobs at one wack the entire board feels it. I for one wish we had them back. I did alright with them, they weren't my favorite but I tell you what when the work got thin it was nice because you could count on getting work on a sleeper at least every once in awhile. And when in recent history has anyone heard of the Co. taking the advise of a lowly driver on anything especially with reguards to how they operate? I just think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Traveler said:
Well I don't know what all the crying is about ? The guy made a suggestion all be it probably to the wrong people but still he is probably just looking for a way to bring more work to the barn. We went through the same thing in STL about 6 years ago when the Company wanted to bring sleepers into STL. Alot of the guy were dead set against it and fought and fought to keep them out because they were afraid of how they were going to be set up and run out of STL. But thanks to some tough negotiating and hard work on the part of our union reps when they did come they worked out pretty good for STL. Of course only a few guys found that they liked them, but they were set up so that it was do-able for anyone who had to run them. This year the Co. took the sleepers out of STL and there were actually a couple of guys who moved to other barns on the change just to stay on them. BUt when you loose 20 jobs at one wack the entire board feels it. I for one wish we had them back. I did alright with them, they weren't my favorite but I tell you what when the work got thin it was nice because you could count on getting work on a sleeper at least every once in awhile. And when in recent history has anyone heard of the Co. taking the advise of a lowly driver on anything especially with reguards to how they operate? I just think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Traveler,the issue with teams has nothing to do with the post .I do not think that the company would bring teams to Buf ,and if they would make that decision I`m sure that they would have it their way,and so be it.The problem I have,is Teamsters not acting like Teamsters.And it certainly would be nice if my brothers from Buf would refrain from running our local to the ground.We do have some of the best representation you can find. One example ,who was the last person to be fired ,and got his job back,thanks to your B/A. Perhaps if more of us would attend the meetings the more input the elected executive board would have to present to the company .It is the same as an od199, if you don`t write it up ,I`t don`t get fixed. Get my point?

Bufbill said:
Traveler,the issue with teams has nothing to do with the post .I do not think that the company would bring teams to Buf ,and if they would make that decision I`m sure that they would have it their way,and so be it.The problem I have,is Teamsters not acting like Teamsters.And it certainly would be nice if my brothers from Buf would refrain from running our local to the ground.We do have some of the best representation you can find. One example ,who was the last person to be fired ,and got his job back,thanks to your B/A. Perhaps if more of us would attend the meetings the more input the elected executive board would have to present to the company .It is the same as an od199, if you don`t write it up ,I`t don`t get fixed. Get my point?

I get the point perfectly Bufbill. Most of the ones who complain the most don't even know where the Hall is.

Bufbill said:
I don`t know if it`s true or not,but I tend to believe it,so here goes.Supposidly a Buffalo "Teamster" with 18 yrs seniorty wrote a letter to James Welsh,president and C.E.O. of Yellow Transportation Inc.to inform him that the company should have a "Team" operation at the Buf. distribution center.I don`t know who this person is but I would like to tell him that this is one of the reasons that our brothers do not like Buffallo.You are a Union employee, your job is to drive a truck and to move the companies freight,in acordence with the National Master Freight Agreement that the Union fights very hard to get for you.Yellow hires colledge educated people to make these decisions,not truck drivers.Anyone who does things like this is not a true Teamster,at best he`s a dumbass Teamster.This is the second time that I have heard of guys from Buf.writing to company executives and hurting Union brothers,and I for one will not stand for this conduct,I am sick and tired of being put down by my brothers from other locals because I work out of Buf. because of guys like you.The best advice I can give is to Report to work when told to do so ,Get your bills ,Do your pre trip,and go to your destination saftely,and keep your Fu@#$%^ mouth shut.And when you get to the motel you may enjoy some good reading,"The Union Constitution,for one and The Union Contract for another.And I will have no problem with bringing guys like this up on charges in the union ,because they`re not true brothers ,they don`t know the meaning of the word.Union is about Us,not ME.

The whole 'good Teamster' 'bad Teamster' deal can be a little tuff. You sort of make me feel a 'guilty'. Our barn is tiny and we routinely make 'suggestions' to our supervisor and give him feedback from the cutomers and to be honest 99% of the suggestions we make, he listens to us and does. As far as harming another Teamster I agree with you but how about when you've worked at a barn for several years and a new guy comes in and is constantly banging up the equipment, needing tow trucks, making by far the most OT with not the longest runs and aggrivating good customers....and all the while you are constantly seeing a drop in freight levels by the day ?? kinda hard to be buddies with this piece of shi& even if he has paid his union dues. Sorry.

lazylarry said:
The whole 'good Teamster' 'bad Teamster' deal can be a little tuff. You sort of make me feel a 'guilty'. Our barn is tiny and we routinely make 'suggestions' to our supervisor and give him feedback from the cutomers and to be honest 99% of the suggestions we make, he listens to us and does. As far as harming another Teamster I agree with you but how about when you've worked at a barn for several years and a new guy comes in and is constantly banging up the equipment, needing tow trucks, making by far the most OT with not the longest runs and aggrivating good customers....and all the while you are constantly seeing a drop in freight levels by the day ?? kinda hard to be buddies with this piece of shi& even if he has paid his union dues. Sorry.
Larry,I don`t have a problem with a guy discussing his daily routine with his supervisor that will make things work better for the customer,the company and the driver,this I guess is concidered teamwork and thats ok with me because it benifits everyone.As for the "piece of shi&" eventualy someone in management will see what he is doing and take action against him,and that will be his problem and the unions.I have found over the years that it is best to watch what no.1 is doing ,however sometimes we do stupid things and we need to be informed of our mistakes,we are all human and we all screw up from time to time.

I'm still not getting it.

Not that I would want to run teams, but how exactly has this guy hurt fellow Teamsters by suggesting teams? I'm not trying to be a wise guy on this, I genuinely don't get it.

Along the same vein, the part of being a Teamster that bothers me sometimes is our seeming reliance on inefficency to preserve jobs. If someone does have an idea to streamline procedures, then, by definition, he would be harming a Teamster if he mentioned it to anyone.

Not really sure what to do about that one.