ABF | I Know a little.

ckickenfoot

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi brother's and sister's from ABF. I'm an old hand, a road driver now employed at YRC. My career started in 1977 when there were union lines on every other block. During those 36 years I have walked the rock, driven the city,hooked for line haul and now drive the road. From Ryder to Ryder/PIE then to Roadway and now YRC. I'ts been a wild ride.The first wage give back I was confronted with was a 15% ESOP during my 13 yrs at Ryder/PIE. I did not take the 15% cut in pay, but 75% of my brother's did. This was voluntary give back. No was my choice. PIE made it 4yrs and 8 months before they closed the doors. A real shocker huh? As it turned out I was one of 22 teamster's in Nashville Tn that did not give 15%. Needless to say I was not in good standing with the company,union or my brother's who took the the cut to save the company. That no vote saved me $ 15,000. I stood my ground! Fast forward to the first of two vote's at YRC, 10% wage cut, I voted yes.Second vote, 5% wage cut minus one week of vacation, again I voted yes. Majority ruled, as it has turned out the yes vote has had a positive impact on the survival of YRC to the tune of $ 325,000,000 per yr. We all know the financial trouble's of the Roadway/Yellow/Holland merger, they have been well documented. The question for Teamster's at ABF is obvious, is the company in financial distress today? Is the company on the verge of bankruptcy? I think not! To this old man, Teamster's at ABF have have room to negotiate a better contract than what was put on the table. I wish you all the best during this trying time.