ABF | I Need A Job, Willing To Relocate

Echano

TB Lurker
Credits
I am from Buffalo. I got hired at ABF in the office back in February '06. The TM doesn't want to work me. He says 'they aren't busy.' I had the feeling from the start that he didn't want me at all--I'm too old, too fat and know too much (been around in trucking for almost 20 years now--was at Red Star for 13 years). Last I knew, he was working a girl from a temp agency saying she was doing 'secretary work' for him. Yeh, uh huh. I need a job and it took 2 months to get hired at ABF. The TM worked me for 19 1/2 hours 1 week, and called me in to meet with the regional trainer the following week for 3 hours. As a casual, I didn't even get paid for the 4 hours they actually should have paid me. The last day I was there to meet with the regional trainer was March 2nd. Does this not tell me that I am not wanted? It tells me I will never get called in and that's really too bad. I would have made a dynamite employee for ABF--Ron G. didn't give me a chance. Regardless, I need a job and I am willing to relocate. I have already gone through the hiring process at ABF including the physical and drug testing and I am approved. Must I say this again: I need work! For some reason, or maybe the reasons I mentioned, Ron G. doesn't want my fat azz around the terminal. I need work! Anyone from ABF know if there are any office jobs around??? I am already approved for hiring!! (Thanks Ron!!)

I know that A Duie Pyle has a customer call center in Buffalo and is usually looking for help. Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

If you are interested PM me or call 1-800-523-5020 and ask for customer service.

You can also check out the web site at

www.pyleco.com

Great company to work for from, what I hear.

Friend of the frog said:
I know that A Duie Pyle has a customer call center in Buffalo and is usually looking for help. Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

If you are interested PM me or call 1-800-523-5020 and ask for customer service.

You can also check out the web site at

www.pyleco.com

Great company to work for from, what I hear.

Hi, I know ADP is a good company to work for and I know Larry K. over there--he used to be my boss at St. J. The only thing is, they only hire for part time--I need full time and I really need to get my time in with the Teamsters union so I can get my retirement. I was supposed to retire this year if we hadn't seen the untimely closure of Red Star. Yes, I am only looking for office. If I had to do things over again, looking back over time, I would have gotten my CDL when I was 20 and taken my husband and dog on the road with me. As it is, I will be 57 this year and it's kind of late for that. Thanks--I appreciate the help. I will keep ADP in mind --in fact, I will call to see if they need full time help. There are only 2 Teamster office companies in Buffalo: Yellow and ABF. I'm on the payroll at ABF. Ron G. obviously doesn't want me there. I know, I already said that but just thought I would say it again. I wonder if I should call Ron and inform him that his biller(s) told me to do something wrong on the billing when I was there for 2 1/2 days. I mentioned it to the regional trainer and bookmarked it in my notes, dated and all just in case I would need it for future reference. Obviously, his own people don't know how to bill. I kept questioning this over and over and they kept telling me, "Yep, that's how you do it..." Well, I asked the regional trainer about it the following week and they were wrong. I informed her that's how I was told to do it. Maybe that's why Ron didn't want me around anymore. Too bad--only trying to do the job the correct way and make money for the company. I didn't go squealing to anyone, just informed the regional trainer and bookmarked it for myself. It's called: "covering your azz!!" and anyone else that was smart enough would have done the same thing...