ODFL | I need some advice about Old Dominion 401k

MidnightRider

TB Lurker
Credits
I am about to start investing in the Old Dominion 401k retirement plan. There are a lot of choices for where my money can be invested. Does anyone have some advice for where I should put my money? I was thinking of investing 50% in the company stock and the other 50% in other funds.

spread your investment into as many as you can .that will balance your fund as well as making sure when one loses money ,you do lose alot.go on to www.retireonline.com which is the website for OD's 401k and research the funds too.

I am about to start investing in the Old Dominion 401k retirement plan. There are a lot of choices for where my money can be invested. Does anyone have some advice for where I should put my money? I was thinking of investing 50% in the company stock and the other 50% in other funds.

As dmtorl said spread your money around. It's not a good idea to invest more than 5% of your net worth into any one company. Remember the Enron fiasco? If JP Morgan provides investment guidelines you should use them.

If you are interested, jp morgan will put your money in the best funds for you for a fee of 5 dollars a month.

If you are interested, jp morgan will put your money in the best funds for you for a fee of 5 dollars a month.

I may be mistaken, but when I signed up for this I believe the lady told me the fee for this was like .05 %. She said it was like 20 dollars a year up to $100K.

That was the way I understood it anyway.

Hope this helps.