ABF | I reluctantly voted

slabpyle

TB Lurker
Credits
I was dead set on voting NO. Then, the ballot came along with a dvd from abf,same day.
My kid watched some of it and came to me and said ;
"Daddy, what will we do if you lose your job? I don't think the man in the movie
Wants you to lose your job. "
Then she said "I HOPE YOU DONT LOSE
YOUR JOB "

Well, I was so touched by her simple logic and the concerned look in her big eyes,
how could I ever jeopordize her future because of my stubornness?
I then opened the ballot,picked up my
Pen and.........
Scratched a big x in the NO boxes,sealed it, told the child to put it in the box and raise the flag!
When she returned, I explained to her
How the man in the video tells lies and how he wants to steal daddys money so he can eat more food and get fatter.
Lastly, I told her to throw that propaganda dvd in the trash. Lol

If all you guys knew what ABF has in store for us you wouldn't be voting 'no', you'd be voting NO F'N WAY!!! Wait 'til you see what they are going to do. You can say you heard it here first.

If there was a "no f***in way" box,I woulda checked it.
What stuff do they have is store that we don't know?

Last edited by a moderator:
None of us know the full scoop but there is chatter company wide of changes to come. Stickman addresses it on another thread and take the language, scrutinize it and work it to the max as the company would and you will start to see the picture. I'm hearing a lot of rumors and chatter that by themselves are not confirmable but I smell a big rat coming our way. Company expecting exodus of senior drivers, big push for hiring, their lips are sealed but some stuff is leaking that big changes are on the way.

With all the givebacks they will install cameras everywhere and when you are not where you are supposed to be they will fire your azz. YRC has the cameras we just dont have the Language in our contract you can bet it is coming in 2015. And i will vote NO!!!!

I was dead set on voting NO. Then, the ballot came along with a dvd from abf,same day.
My kid watched some of it and came to me and said ;
"Daddy, what will we do if you lose your job? I don't think the man in the movie
Wants you to lose your job. "
Then she said "I HOPE YOU DONT LOSE
YOUR JOB "

Well, I was so touched by her simple logic and the concerned look in her big eyes,
how could I ever jeopordize her future because of my stubornness?
I then opened the ballot,picked up my
Pen and.........
Scratched a big x in the NO boxes,sealed it, told the child to put it in the box and raise the flag!
How the man in the video tells lies and how he wants to steal daddys money so he can eat more food and get fatter.
Lastly, I told her to throw that propaganda dvd in the trash. Lol

What a horrible fatherly moment. Not that you voted no. You should be ashamed.

Stoney did you ever think that DVD was sent just so the family might do this exact same thing. I am sure a bunch of nagging will take place across the country.

If there was a "no f***in way" box,I woulda checked it.
What stuff do they have is store that we don't know?

This is my point I don't trust the fort. I don't there are some bad people there , some good too.

Ronald Reagan quote " trust but verify." There is no verify in this TA . Sorry you got to earn trust

Lol
I hope the basis of your decision was a little deeper than the thought above. Unfortunately many share your viewpoint of focusing there attention on a more personal nature versus numbers.

GOOD LUCK FINDING A COMPANY THAT WILL PAY YOU A GOOD SALARY WHEN SAID COMPANY DOESN'T MAKE A PROFIT!

I hope the basis of your decision was a little deeper than the thought above. Unfortunately many share your viewpoint of focusing there attention on a more personal nature versus numbers.

GOOD LUCK FINDING A COMPANY THAT WILL PAY YOU A GOOD SALARY WHEN SAID COMPANY DOESN'T MAKE A PROFIT!

I'm all for ABF making a profit but if I get NO work what's in it for me???

The fort screwed up I was supposed to be scared into voting yes... The problem is this deal is so bad I'll get no work so there's nothing in it for me to vote yes for.

What does electronic monitoring and elimination of local greiveance panels have to do with profit?

Q:
What does electronic monitoring and elimination of local greiveance panels have to do with profit?
A: Being able to harass and ride drivers they don't like and less time and money spent having those same hooligans being able to fight for their rights.

If all you guys knew what ABF has in store for us you wouldn't be voting 'no', you'd be voting NO F'N WAY!!! Wait 'til you see what they are going to do. You can say you heard it here first.

You make it seem that YOU know what is going to happen...so please enlighten your Brothers & Sisters on this...if you know....I will be back, gotta get some popcorn!....KK...
...:drama::drama:

That is seriously one of the most pathetic things I've ever read what a bunch of hogwash vote how u want to vote Some of you are getting pretty desperate to use kids If you even have kids you're probably gay

Nothumbleenough ,you're very well spoken.
But ya just can't convince anyone around here to be a subservient,boot licking,gullible slave.
We re not gonna fold up under idle threats and scams.
Its a terrible thing to know that some of us DO believe abf's bs scams.
I see it as this:
Abf saves untold hundreds of thousands or more just ,by us workers forgetting to write down delay time,meals,pins,etc.
Abf's impassable hwy form is intentionally a pain in the azz so as to discourage its use. Half of us never claim it.
Point is, abf is saving enough and to send a propaganda dvd to our homes with our ballot is a scumbag move.
Ill give them NOTHING.
And with the new leadership and its tactics, like the coincidental yrc offer,
Surveilance demands,etc., abf is losing respect and trust with us.

What I was told is some of the folks got their jobs back from the debacle where so much Amazon product was getting stolen off the docks we lost the client for quite some time directly resulting in layoffs throughout the system.
Evidently that didn't sit well with management and they don't want there
to be a next time. And yes, losing your largest client will negatively impact your bottom line.