FedEx Freight | I think i'm done as a driver

You said your EEG was neither normal nor abnormal. And you only had one episode. Maybe you aren't "normal". I mean no disrespect. When I had an EKG (heart) test done on me before I went in surgery two years ago, the results showed I was having a heart attack right then and there. Obviously I didn't. And my cardiologist ( yeah..sucks to get old) says electrical impulses travel differently through some people. That could explain your strange EEG reading. Did you truly lose consciousness when you had your seizure or did you know it was happening? I remember doing some rough yard work and later that day, I was so tired, that I got the shakes but nothing like a true seizure. Unfortunately it looks like you fall into that 5 year period
Good luck to you

Pfft, I could have told you I wasn't normal before I got the EEG ;)

But yeah, I wish I could find that again. It said it could be anything really. This lady just seemed like shoveling pills at me. She wants me on them for 2 years, then if nothing happened, i'll need to start weening myself off of them. It's kind of funny. I searched her name up on the internet, and came across a site that has doctor ratings. She had 2.5 circles for the listening category.

I'm going to try and get a second opinion after the MRI.

Not sure what I'm going to do if I can't drive anymore. I just never really seen myself doing anything else.

If its just from not getting enough sleep I'd obviously work a lot harder to make sure I was in bed at decent time. I've gotten quite a bit of sleep lately, what with being stuck at home.

The pills themselves don't prevent seizures, they only lessen the chance of having one. To me, it seems anyone with full blown epilepsy shouldn't be driving at all really.

Heres the paragraph that has the 5 year rule:
"Drivers with a history of epilepsy/seizures off antiseizure medication and seizure-free for 10 years may be qualified to operate a CMV in interstate commerce. Interstate drivers with a history of a single unprovoked seizure may be qualified to drive a CMV in interstate commerce if seizure-free and off antiseizure medication for a 5-year period or more."

Wigglez my sister had a reaction to an injection at her DR's office a few years ago at age 40. She fainted for no apparent reason. And after further testing it was proven that she does have epilepsy. She is intelligent as always, and she has a much better sense of humor now. She does require more sleep now... at least 8 good hrs. a night or she has trouble with comprehension. She is a VP of IP for a major Insurance company on the West Coast. So, if you are done driving I am truly sorry for you. But, your life is not over and it can even get better if you are able to roll with the punches. Epilepsy will not hold you back if you keep it between you and your physician. Best Wishes to you.

Wigglez my sister had a reaction to an injection at her DR's office a few years ago at age 40. She fainted for no apparent reason. And after further testing it was proven that she does have epilepsy. She is intelligent as always, and she has a much better sense of humor now. She does require more sleep now... at least 8 good hrs. a night or she has trouble with comprehension. She is a VP of IP for a major Insurance company on the West Coast. So, if you are done driving I am truly sorry for you. But, your life is not over and it can even get better if you are able to roll with the punches. Epilepsy will not hold you back if you keep it between you and your physician. Best Wishes to you.

That doesn't sound right. No test can really say whether or not you have epilepsy. Epilepsy is only diagnosed when you have a second seizure. For an EEG to be abnormal, you have to be having a seizure right then. It really is hit or miss.

Is she on meds? Thats the part that freaks me out the most. Lamictal, can cause an itchy rash, which has lead to death. Seems kind of ridiculous for a one time thing. Not too mention ER is expensive. When all is said and done, I would have spent over $1000 for this whole ordeal, not including repeat treatments.

I was fairly sure you have to tell your potential employers. Anything that can potentially compromise the safety of others or yourself while on the job. In fact, I've looked this up. The unemployment rate is higher among people with epilepsy.

I'm looking at other alternatives, but it's pretty hard. I just can't see myself doing anything else.

I've thought about selling my truck and moving to L.A. It would probably be easier for me to walk to work year round there. Plus I could get a little 50cc scooter. They don't require a license, and I can't imagine them doing very much damage, if I had seizure on one.

Once your found to be medically defective....your driving day's our over..... I'll hire some drama free ,young guy/gal, and kick you to the curb(I'll tell you "the insurance Co. made me do it...sorry).....lol

Your better off; puttting latter rAcks, on your freaking scOOter, and starting a rehabusinessss in a depression...AKA;"Summer rEcovery".... I'ts to F-ing late anyway....the ecomy iscollapsingng ... You should of prepared during the harvest season.... Don't worry "it will be Ok".."I promisse"....lol

lol

I do wonder what its like to be on the other end. Your not allowed to get rid of an employee for medical reasons. Supposed to find something else for them to do, but what if you don't have anything else they can do, where they wouldn't be a danger to themselves or anyone else.