ABF | IBT mailing

polamer

TB Lurker
Credits
I got mail from IBT. That i should have received my ABF ballot by now.If i havent receive my ballot yet,to contact my local union immediately to request a new or duplicate ballot. WTF i work 4 UPGF.What a joke the IBT become.:duh:

I got mail from IBT. That i should have received my ABF ballot by now.If i havent receive my ballot yet,to contact my local union immediately to request a new or duplicate ballot. WTF i work 4 UPGF.What a joke the IBT become.:duh:
If it happened to me I'd follow the IBT's instructions with full explanation to the Local.

I guess my ballot is on the pony express. Still have not got one.
I think somebody killed my pony express riders horse. My ballot is still not here.
I already got mine and turned it around and I am in a slow mail area. I would advise any 'no' voters who did not get ballots to call your local and tell them about it. For the 'yes' voters yours will be there shortly, no need to call.

I called my local today and they said it would be the 13 th before they can request a new on for me. This happened to me the first concession vote at USFHolland, and I never received on. I'm sorry, but I don't trust our union. They want this thing to pass too bad.

I called my local today and they said it would be the 13 th before they can request a new on for me. This happened to me the first concession vote at USFHolland, and I never received on. I'm sorry, but I don't trust our union. They want this thing to pass too bad.
It sounds like they don't have you classified correctly. Does your dues receipt even have 'NMF' printed on it? Did you get any IBT updates on the contract? They did send out some propaganda.

I got one also. Also work for ups freight.

It sounds like they don't have you classified correctly. Does your dues receipt even have 'NMF' printed on it? Did you get any IBT updates on the contract? They did send out some propaganda.

I've been over here at 088 for almost a year, and have never got the first dues receipt from local. At 084 we got a receipt every month from the local. I call my local back today to ask about receipt, and was told they don't send out receipts. It's on my check stub. Although he told me me had requested my replacement ballot.

I've been over here at 088 for almost a year, and have never got the first dues receipt from local. At 084 we got a receipt every month from the local. I call my local back today to ask about receipt, and was told they don't send out receipts. It's on my check stub. Although he told me me had requested my replacement ballot.
Constitution states that you get receipt for every penny you give the local. I smell a rat here and the need for a good election. If I were in your shoes I'd call the IBT and tell them about your receipt situation and see what they say. But if you don't want to make any waves don't make the call-the IBT calls the local right away and tells them that you called-there is no confidentiality there.

i got one of these also and work for UPS freight, our BA was at our barn last week and i showed it to him asking WTF was going on . and he looked at the ABF flyer and said he'd look into it.... the organization of our once great union is truly shameful anymore.

In order for your "Teamster Card" to be valid, you must carry a current paid dues receipt!!! If requested from someone like a strong union facility, fellow member, meeting for proof of membership, you must be able to present the receipt, not a paycheck stub!! Violation of By-Laws!!! Dues must be paid at the local level and any issues must be resolved before Tuesday 6/18 for a ballot to be mailed by the International.. This election will come down to one -two hundred votes,, I would suggest getting on an ass and getting issues cleared to vote however you are going to vote...

In order for your "Teamster Card" to be valid, you must carry a current paid dues receipt!!! If requested from someone like a strong union facility, fellow member, meeting for proof of membership, you must be able to present the receipt, not a paycheck stub!! Violation of By-Laws!!! Dues must be paid at the local level and any issues must be resolved before Tuesday 6/18 for a ballot to be mailed by the International.. This election will come down to one -two hundred votes,, I would suggest getting on an ass and getting issues cleared to vote however you are going to vote...
Why wouldn't a statement of payment (check stub ) be proof? A check stub is your receipt for the taxes you pay.

Why wouldn't a statement of payment (check stub ) be proof? A check stub is your receipt for the taxes you pay.
In a way it is but the dues receipt is the proper way to go and the local is supposed to give you a receipt for any money you give to them. And that is not limited to monthly dues, it includes merchandise sales.