Yellow | ibt telling us how to vote

Credits
i just got a card from the ibt telling me to vote yes on this contract. since when does the ibt have the right to inform me how to vote? this is my vote, and i will vote as i very well please! same as the presidental election, i don"t need sean penn,oprah, ted kennedy,dixie chicks or anyone else telling me how to vote. as for the ibt,letting the fox guard the hen house, they can go back to the table and get this right!

I don't see where sending out a letter is forcing anybody to vote one way or the other. I can't believe any Union man would post this sorry link either.

im with grave digger!im getting a little tired of emails and regular mail,@phone messages telling me how i need to vote!i thought that i had the right to vote the way i choose..........

Maybe I should clarify my previous post. I was referring to the link put up about the so-called Center For Union Facts. That's one of the most anti-Union sites around. Getting calls or letters doesn't bother me at all and does not prevent me, or anyone else, from voting the way they want to vote.

lord u apoligize,,i do agree with you on that and all the other crappy sites out there..and anything to do with TearDownUnion sites........

im with grave digger!im getting a little tired of emails and regular mail,@phone messages telling me how i need to vote!i thought that i had the right to vote the way i choose..........

There trying to help you save your job so your not down to the union hall crying how the union put you out of work because Yellow closed. I cant believe you guys. You have no loyalty to Yellow or the Teamsters. If Yellow is screwing you and the union is screwing who do you trust ? Why dont you throw your ballot in the trash and resign and go by your own truck and let the rest of us who want to work keep this outfit floating.

why did"ny ibt just say vote?
I look at it like this. They're trying to lead us into a place where our employer will be able to compete in the longterm in the extremely cutthroat real world of LTL and realize that some Brothers/Sisters don't see how this is necessary at all.......as if things can go on forever the way they are. They realize that the non Union sales forces are printing negative things posted here and who all knows where and showing them to our customers trying to get them to leave us and go to them. They realize that if this TA is voted down even though it doesn't necessarily mean we'll strike that customers will jump and even more of us will be laid off and not be able to support their families in the way they're accustomed to. I compare it to a parent who tells their kid not to play in the street because they can get hit by a car. The kid doesn't see a car right then so he plays in the street anyway. He doesn't get hit that day so he continues to play in the street and then the poor kid gets hit. He got hit because he wouldn't listen to reason.

I don't mean to compare us to kids but I think that was a reasonable explanation as to why they want this to pass.....it gives us a chance to continue working....... maybe differently than before for some of us but working nonetheless. If YRC doesn't make major strides into the lock of the non Union carriers shorthaul market we won't last forever. How long we will last if we don't I have no idea.

Nobody likes change and I'm no different but the time is here to adapt or become sicker and die slowly. While I don't agree with everything in the TA I think it's the best that we're going to get. The wolves are at the door and their names are FedExFrt, Conway, Old Dominion, Estes, Averitt, R&L, Saia, etc. Think about it.

thanks for the welcome if you look at my join date I've been around awhile I just can't seem to get into all the gripe fest about a company that has fed and housed myself and my family for 24 years

Parrot,
You're welcome for the welcome. I've been here in STL for almost 22 and trust me, I don't like change at all. However, I've always tried to pay attention as to what's happening in the industry as a whole. I can remember talking to a buddy back in the mid nineties and we agreed that the non Union competition wasn't a big deal then. That was probably 12 or 13 years ago and things are much different now even though some don't want to see it. There was much ado about nothing in regards to the YRCW webcast today but before it happened you would have thought the sky was gonna fall. I'm not a rah rah rah man but I don't quite get all the negativity either. So many are sure that the Company is gonna cut jobs by the thousands but that would be like admitting defeat. The whole Utility idea is to grow. It's pretty simple to me. I'm sure the Company would like to have enough freight to put the laid off guys back and hire more. Anyway, take care out there.

I voted yes.If and when I get my ballot.Called my local towards the end of last week.No ballot.Monday 1/28 no ballot...the clocks ticking

got my ballot last week, voted yes and sent it in same day......
wake up ppl..this is our only opportunity to grow, i know its not the greatest contract but if we dont move on this one its down the slippery slop into unemployment.

as for the ppl complaining about the campaigning of union officials to vote yes its nothing more than that just advertisement for what they think is best...listen to them, most of them have seen the union losing numbers for years and the non union carriers gaining strength everyday..

got my ballot last week, voted yes and sent it in same day......
wake up ppl..this is our only opportunity to grow, i know its not the greatest contract but if we dont move on this one its down the slippery slop into unemployment.

as for the ppl complaining about the campaigning of union officials to vote yes its nothing more than that just advertisement for what they think is best...listen to them, most of them have seen the union losing numbers for years and the non union carriers gaining strength everyday..

Unfortunately the Union Brass is most to blame on WHY there are so many non-union companies out there & poor Union spirit. Poor political backings, poor representation, poor contracts, poor unionization skills & VERY poor public reputations. It use to be that Union drivers were paid better, have job security, better benefits & better all around clout, its not that way anymore. Non-union drivers (if this YRCA goes through) will be better paid, & will be laughing @ what we pay in monthly dues for what we get in return. How we going to organize with such a subpar agreement? What are we going to tell people why to join the union? Think about, just saying your a Teamster isn't enough to recruit anymore! What do we say to these non-union drivers?- come be a Teamster, take a cut in pay, be a casual until the company decides to hire you. We have insurance we don't pay for, but, of course its not as good as yours. We have a multi employee pension, that might be there when you retire. We have a grievence procedure, it don't work, but its here. Have i lost faith in Unions? NO, Have I lost in faith in our Union Leadership? YES

I believe in change & I also realize change will NEVER make everyone happy, but, I also see my job classification being eliminated. Maybe not right away, but, by the end of this contract, we're all going to be wandering what the hell happened "AGAIN" & most if not all the so called negotiators, will be retired with fat bonuses, fat pensions & health insurance for life.

I remember the Oath i took when i became a Teamster, to bad our leaders forgot it !

Maybe I should clarify my previous post. I was referring to the link put up about the so-called Center For Union Facts. That's one of the most anti-Union sites around. Getting calls or letters doesn't bother me at all and does not prevent me, or anyone else, from voting the way they want to vote.

r_kennedy.jpg

Sorry if that offened you