Yellow | i'd hate to say this but what if roadway would have bought yellow

inactive

TB Lurker
Credits
i know you can't change the past but would roadway have done things the same way yellow is doing things now if roadway would have bought yellow instead of yellow buying roadway, also.....i heard that when yellow and roadway went to the table to buy each other out, roadway initiated the purchase of yellow, yellow declined, then the next time they bargained yellow (while in the red at the time) had the money to buy roadway out and asked roadway what price is good enough to be bought out, seems like yellow is getting "too much" money from somewhere we don't know about cause if a company is in the red and buys up big companies like roadway it seems difficult for me to understand how a company in the red gets big loans out, all i see now is all trucking companies in the red cause of this fuel dilemma we're facing along with americans being more broke than ever before

Fat Lady Has Sang

i know you can't change the past but would roadway have done things the same way yellow is doing things now if roadway would have bought yellow instead of yellow buying roadway, also.....i heard that when yellow and roadway went to the table to buy each other out, roadway initiated the purchase of yellow, yellow declined, then the next time they bargained yellow (while in the red at the time) had the money to buy roadway out and asked roadway what price is good enough to be bought out, seems like yellow is getting "too much" money from somewhere we don't know about cause if a company is in the red and buys up big companies like roadway it seems difficult for me to understand how a company in the red gets big loans out, all i see now is all trucking companies in the red cause of this fuel dilemma we're facing along with americans being more broke than ever before

Have another one driver
budweiserdm7.gif
ROADWAY-YELLOW WENT ON LIFE SUPPORT WHEN THE CONTRACT WAS APPROVED.THEY HAVE 5 YEARS TO DRAIN THE REMAINING LIFE OUT OF THE TEAMSTERS UNION.WHAT WILL BE THE NEXT CONWAY, THAT USE TO BE YRCW?

Number 1 Roadway would not have messed a loser like yellow

somewhere in this forum it was posted "yellow is a cancer" that's a big 10-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick:

i'm sure the former owners of roadway are having a heartache seeing their company name being tarnished while they got very fat wallets sitting somewhere on some resort island drinking some good drinks at the "sell out" expense we all incurred

i guess it was an offer they couldn't refuse......damn i heard that from a movie somewhere a long time ago

Just after the deal went through, J. Staley, was at our terminal, telling us that indeed it could have gone either way. He never gave us a reason as to why it went the direction it did. I could only guess that his stock cash out and buy out benefits were better this way. Personally, I wish it did go the other way, but there's nothing that can be done. One thing I have to say about Yellow, is no matter what the situation, they always manage to pull themselves up by the boot straps.........granted it's usually at someone else's expense. When Yellow has swallowed up all the little fish, then they too will eventually starve and die.

I am sure he was refering to the founder Galen Rouche , being a 19 year man at big R I can say at one time this was a very proud bunch of guys , now its just joke with a bunch of morons running the place into the ground. Sad but true.

i agree with you 100% yard horse how many years did we hear [we didnt make any money] as they baught other companys and started up others ,never putting back in . then they were so busy screwing with the #s they never seen the whole yellow thing coming. now look at us . would love to go back to being a private owned company

i agree with you 100% yard horse how many years did we hear [we didnt make any money] as they baught other companys and started up others ,never putting back in . then they were so busy screwing with the #s they never seen the whole yellow thing coming. now look at us . would love to go back to being a private owned company
....or just spun off to fend for our own......again. DS.

I am sure he was refering to the founder Galen Rouche , being a 19 year man at big R I can say at one time this was a very proud bunch of guys , now its just joke with a bunch of morons running the place into the ground. Sad but true.

right u r yardhorse, shame it's come to this .started in 86 after Mcleans shut down.ever since the advent of the handheld computers and getting rid of everyone who knew their job and how to move frt., it's been a long slow downhill ride!:duh::duh::duh::duh: