Yellow | i'd hate to say this but what if roadway would have bought yellow

Just after the deal went through, J. Staley, was at our terminal, telling us that indeed it could have gone either way. He never gave us a reason as to why it went the direction it did. I could only guess that his stock cash out and buy out benefits were better this way. Personally, I wish it did go the other way, but there's nothing that can be done. One thing I have to say about Yellow, is no matter what the situation, they always manage to pull themselves up by the boot straps.........granted it's usually at someone else's expense. When Yellow has swallowed up all the little fish, then they too will eventually starve and die.

Thinking about Roadway purchasing Yellow is interesting. Some things would definitely be different.

How could Yellow purchase Roadway? Two things happened at the same time. One, Yellow sold Saia and Jevic. This gave Yellow the $$$ for a deal. Second, Roadway missed earnings estimates on several quarters over a couple of years. Missing estimates drove the Roadway stock down. In the end, Yellow had case and Roadway was a bargain.

I don't think Yellow can survive without Roadway today or vice versa. Saia and Jevic were never integrated from a staff or system point of view, but Roadway and Yellow are so intertwined that separation now would be like surgery on cojoined twins with two bodies and one head.

The problem at Yellow and Roadway right now is the economy.

CorpOffice

Thinking about Roadway purchasing Yellow is interesting. Some things would definitely be different.

How could Yellow purchase Roadway? Two things happened at the same time. One, Yellow sold Saia and Jevic. This gave Yellow the $$$ for a deal. Second, Roadway missed earnings estimates on several quarters over a couple of years. Missing estimates drove the Roadway stock down. In the end, Yellow had case and Roadway was a bargain.

I don't think Yellow can survive without Roadway today or vice versa. Saia and Jevic were never integrated from a staff or system point of view, but Roadway and Yellow are so intertwined that separation now would be like surgery on cojoined twins with two bodies and one head.

The problem at Yellow and Roadway right now is the economy.

CorpOffice

While I am with you on the fact that part of the problem is the economy the other fact is how much frt has Yellow taken from REX?
I also beleive that somewere someone told me that REX sales people were told NOT to go after accounts that Yellow took.
Any truth to that?

While I am with you on the fact that part of the problem is the economy the other fact is how much frt has Yellow taken from REX?
I also beleive that somewere someone told me that REX sales people were told NOT to go after accounts that Yellow took.
Any truth to that?

Roadway people say Yellow took Roadway freight. Yellow people say Roadway took Yellow freight. I don't think there is any truth to either comment.

Roadway people say Yellow took Roadway freight. Yellow people say Roadway took Yellow freight. I don't think there is any truth to either comment.
And Holland says both of them took Holland freight.....sounds like break room conspiracy theories to me.

And Holland says both of them took Holland freight.....sounds like break room conspiracy theories to me.
Drive your arse up here to Mich and I will show you where a Yellow trailer sits in what was a Roadway spot. And then we will drive 5 miles down the road to another large shipper and talk to the man on that dock. Could go on but to what extent. Maybe in the "show me" state it never happened but it damn sure did here.

And I want to add not one shipper that used to be on Yellow crosses my dock

Drive your arse up here to Mich and I will show you where a Yellow trailer sits in what was a Roadway spot. And then we will drive 5 miles down the road to another large shipper and talk to the man on that dock. Could go on but to what extent. Maybe in the "show me" state it never happened but it damn sure did here.

And I want to add not one shipper that used to be on Yellow crosses my dock
You gonna be there tomorrow about noon?