If you guys...

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
Could do it all over again what would you do? Either driving or something different.

I would've tried to get on with some of these teamster outfits once I turned 21. Instead I've been bouncing around job wise. Best job was GFS and still wish I was there. But every where I go I seem to get my hrs cut or management is just no good to work for. Also would like to get on with a dairy or chip company here in the cities. Both seem easier then throwing groceries

I can't imagine myself doing anything but driving but I really wish I would've picked up a guitar or drums when I was younger.

If I knew then what I know now? I would have studied music formally. Not that I have any talent or anything, but music is one of the few things that can make me feel emotional, without reason. I'd like to learn how to do that to others.

Nothing! If I did change anything, there would have been a good chance that I would have never meet my wonderful wife and we would not have had a wonderful child together.

I was a music major in college for 4 years.. couldn't pass math or music theory.. took a break from school, got my CDL and here I am.. Don't know if I will ever go back to school although everyone tells me to.

I would have applied myself in school, worked with my mind and got my workouts in the gym, this **** is for the birds when your 45, I don't know what else to do, I feel stuck and its very concerning.

I've thought about school again but I can make just as much if not more then alot of college degrees with out the headaches some degrees have. But if I did go to school I wouldn't mind being a history teacher. Love history. Just like I also like driving for companies with alot of history behind them.

I've thought about school again but I can make just as much if not more then alot of college degrees with out the headaches some degrees have. But if I did go to school I wouldn't mind being a history teacher. Love history. Just like I also like driving for companies with alot of history behind them.

Whatever you do Brother, don't become me, I am f'in miserable, everyday hurts like hell, I scour the paper for something else!

If i would have known then what I know now, I would have just gotten a cdl B, and gotten on with a Redimix company, and stuck with that, since it pays as well as anything OTR, and is comparable to most decent jobs in town too. plus if you are where it snows, you get a funemployment vacation every winter, when it sucks to work anyway! time for an under the table snowplow job!

I've tried to get on with a couple roll off companies here in the cities. Both union but no luck getting on

Bill I just remembered that there is a union redimix company 10 mins from my house. There the biggest redimix company in the cities. Also I wouldn't be doing any twin cities driving because I live 45 mins north and they don't go that way because they have another plant down that way. I don't know if I would like being laid off in the winter tho

Bill I just remembered that there is a union redimix company 10 mins from my house. There the biggest redimix company in the cities. Also I wouldn't be doing any twin cities driving because I live 45 mins north and they don't go that way because they have another plant down that way. I don't know if I would like being laid off in the winter tho

I would............

without a doubt you would, at least in the beginning when you are at the bottom of the list. but with your situation, you could tough it out a couple years, after that i would imagine that they would be working you steady throughout at least 10 months of the year. Hell, i see lafarge trucks (the big union redimix company in town) every day i am rolling, and they have all their trucks out, because they are still putting mack R models out to go pour mud!

If I ever get the chance, I would dump US Foods to go to a redimix company, i like the sound of not working during the worst part of the year to work! I'd take the funemployment and go ice fishing or somethin...

I been doing alot of thinking last couple days about this and I'm trying to figure out if seasonal gig would be the way to go? The redimix plant I would apply at they haven't moved a truck since like October or November. Maybe if I was in the cities I'd work more. It does sound nice to be off the winters but you don't get much on unemployment and I've seen my brother and sister in law struggle

I just don't understand why you would want a seasonal job? You can't predict what hardships might happen to you in the off season and you might find yourself in a bind! If you're not good at saving money.. Plus no tellin' how long they would let you go for, or how long it would take to start working again. For me I'd just prefer a steady paycheck with some good vacation days during the year

I been doing alot of thinking last couple days about this and I'm trying to figure out if seasonal gig would be the way to go? The redimix plant I would apply at they haven't moved a truck since like October or November. Maybe if I was in the cities I'd work more. It does sound nice to be off the winters but you don't get much on unemployment and I've seen my brother and sister in law struggle

you can always find some crappy local company to run for in the winter if you are worried about a layoff. I dunno about you, but around buffalo, if I was waiting to get put on the full time list, there's always some crappy company looking for drivers on craigslist. you might not make a ton, but if its more than funemployment, why not?

I just don't understand why you would want a seasonal job?lol, you obviously haven't worked much in the snow, huh? it sucks.

You can't predict what hardships might happen to you in the off season and you might find yourself in a bind!
always plan ahead, and if you are worried about unemployment, get a side job, or an under the table job, like plowing snow.
If you're not good at saving money.. Plus no tellin' how long they would let you go for, or how long it would take to start working again. For me I'd just prefer a steady paycheck with some good vacation days during the year

if its a teamsters shop, you get laid off and recalled in order of seniority, so you WOULD know when you were laid off and called back. I wouldn't work a non union construction driving job, no telling when the boss's son wants your job, and you waste 5 months of unemployment only to find out you don't have a job to go back to. In a union shop, he can have your job, just as soon as YOU get sick of it and take a better run!