ABF | if yrcw votes no and shuts door abf cant pay the extra pesion liability

mesters

TB Lurker
Credits
so i hate to say it but, abf.... you guys couldnt pay the 35 45 million a month that yrcw was paying .........so that would get passed onto abf etc so multi employer pesion reform wouldsave you but havnt heard where that is in congress or if it will pass

wrong, we will vote our own plan, do you think we will let a stable company like this go down .not
Just throwing this out here.If things keep going the way they are maybe we should do what ups did and let abf buy out of the pension? Like i said just throwing it out to see what you think im not even sure if it could be done?????

so i hate to say it but, abf.... you guys couldnt pay the 35 45 million a month that yrcw was paying .........so that would get passed onto abf etc so multi employer pesion reform wouldsave you but havnt heard where that is in congress or if it will pass

Please this union is not going to put any extra pressure on abf.Want proof just look at yrc.

even with a no vote YRC will NOT shut the doors the banks and bond ,and mafia investers are in ti deep to shut the doors , they are just buffing to control the union ., MAIL IN YOUR VOTES

i dont understand what makes the difference wether yrc makes it or not as far as the pension goes they are not paying now.If there new concessions pass evintually they will be paying 25% of what there supposed to be.Pretty much if you want any security ABF needs to have there own pension fund and figure out what the benifit will be.Kinda sucks but im afraid if we try to hold on to what we have we will wind up with nothing.Even with the plan were under now they are going to have to cut the total benifit pretty sharply wether congress puts the multi employer fix in or not

I was trying to not even reply to this but I just couldn't resist.Ignorance is bliss! Do you even have a clue on how the pension plan works?

ABF would not be responsible for the extra $35 million a month. The pension contributions rates in place in the contract will still apply. Withdrawal liability would go up, but it only applies if you try to pull out (like UPS in CS) or go out of business. The next contract is where you would see increases, if there is one.

ABF would not be responsible for the extra $35 million a month. The pension contributions rates in place in the contract will still apply. Withdrawal liability would go up, but it only applies if you try to pull out (like UPS in CS) or go out of business. The next contract is where you would see increases, if there is one.

Thank you Texas Larry. There are so many that are either misinformed or don't care enough to ask questions before they spat off about things.

Them YRC boys would love for us to be worried....ain't going to happen boys.

You guys are F@@!ed ...and we ain't buying into your (you too! crap)

You guys that come over here and post crap like this...shows what kind of people (donkeys) you are.

I used to feel sry for what YRC teamsters are going through (NOT the company)

But I'm seeing more and more crap from yrc drivers...so I don't any more...
misery WANTS COMPANY.

wrong, we will vote our own plan, do you think we will let a stable company like this go down .not

I'm sorry but you are wrong. There are but a few options open to ABF--Buy out of the funds with the pension withdrawl ( if ABF can afford it and the members vote for it ) or stay in and hope the legislation passes on the "orphans" I asked this exact question to the IBT 2 days ago. Their answer is that immediately ABF will thrive with the freight increase from a YRC shutdown. Then slowly the pension liability will increase to strangle them. The IBT and ABF and Congress know something has to be done. The IBT sees 2014 as to when it should see something positive for Government help in this area. Why not sooner? It's an election year and there is a 5 billion dollar cost associated with this proposal. I'm simply trying to give you an honest answer to your question.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. There are but a few options open to ABF--Buy out of the funds with the pension withdrawl ( if ABF can afford it and the members vote for it ) or stay in and hope the legislation passes on the "orphans" I asked this exact question to the IBT 2 days ago. Their answer is that immediately ABF will thrive with the freight increase from a YRC shutdown. Then slowly the pension liability will increase to strangle them. The IBT and ABF and Congress know something has to be done. The IBT sees 2014 as to when it should see something positive for Government help in this area. Why not sooner? It's an election year and there is a 5 billion dollar cost associated with this proposal. I'm simply trying to give you an honest answer to your question.

There are other options..and even though you asked your "IBT" (probably local)...they even don't know...for them to say that, or you state that you are giving honest answers....is pure speculation. Our company has given us even more thoughts what "could" happen.
Nice try...but nobody knows at this point.

BTW:
I "speculate" YRC will vote yes.
for whatever thats worth..hmm maybe if I ask my IBT 2 days ago that means that they know..too.

Last edited by a moderator:
when hoffa and the crew start taking then that is a different matter. let the company do what it has to do if it fails that is the way it is why should they be allowed to continue on the backs of the working teamsters.

> and even though you asked your "IBT" (probably local)...<
No-one of the vice-presidents in DC is who I asked. I also asked the head of the IBT's governmental affairs (lobbiest) Lisa Kinnard, and I asked our local congressman who sits on the Ways and Means committee. There is no relief this year and probably not in 2011. If you want to be sarcastic and do not believe this then by all means ask for yourself then.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. There are but a few options open to ABF--Buy out of the funds with the pension withdrawl ( if ABF can afford it and the members vote for it ) or stay in and hope the legislation passes on the "orphans" I asked this exact question to the IBT 2 days ago. Their answer is that immediately ABF will thrive with the freight increase from a YRC shutdown. Then slowly the pension liability will increase to strangle them.

The contract is not up until 2013.The pension liability increase will not even become an issue to ABF until then.

Crap from YRC drivers??? I'm a YRC driver, and I tell you ABF hired supervisors and sale people from YRC, Then pulled freight away.If a YES vote goes through, the Master Freight Agreement will be modified for 5 years,(there will be no contract talks in 2013) AND ALL PARTICIPANTS OF THE CONCESSIONARY MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT WILL HAVE TO ABIDE BY THE NEW TERMS. I voted NO to help you guys out.