ABF | if yrcw votes no and shuts door abf cant pay the extra pesion liability

Who do you think is paying it now? And remember the other people on the board have a say so as to what yrc can and can't do. You are all forgetting that in the end it will be the Trustee's that will make the final decision.And if they say yrc will have to put up some sort of collateral then it will be. As I said before. The yrc Teamsters need to worry about themselves . And we the ABF Teamsters and our company leaders will control what happens at ABF. After all you all listened to the Texas Turn Coat and Phillip Hoffa and where has that gotten you all? There are things in place in case yrc closes.

Yrc ain't closing just yet :duh: yet an additional extension...

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2010/10/26/yrc-worldwide-lenders-extend-deadline.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The concessions may be about the union dues, but there is one more thing that most don't know about. It is the retirees healthcare. If YRC goes out of buisness, they won't pay into the TBT medical plan. Here on the west coast, the retirees only pay a portion of their medical.The rest of the payments are made by charging a monthy rate that is added on to each working teamster. Also, if YRC gets to opt of the pension for 5 years, ABF will go into the NMFA in 2013 all by themselves, and still having to compete with Old Dominion, who today blew the doors off the trailer with incredible earnings.

Who do you think is paying it now? And remember the other people on the board have a say so as to what yrc can and can't do. You are all forgetting that in the end it will be the Trustee's that will make the final decision.And if they say yrc will have to put up some sort of collateral then it will be. As I said before. The yrc Teamsters need to worry about themselves . And we the ABF Teamsters and our company leaders will control what happens at ABF. After all you all listened to the Texas Turn Coat and Phillip Hoffa and where has that gotten you all? There are things in place in case yrc closes.

I am worried about what happens at YRC, but I am also worried about what happens at ABF. My father retired from ABF, so believe me when I say I wish no ill will against ABF or anyone else as far as that goes. What I posted was not a dig against you or anyone else. If there is a plan for ABF if YRC goes down, thats great. I have voted no on all of the give backs, but that still does not stop me from worrying about all of the teamsters. I promise you I will not post anything else on the site. I will stick strictly to the YRC site. Sorry for any problems that I have caused.

Please don't do that. Your post are important to everyone./ I was not angry. I have a way of rubbing people sometimes.lol ABF will be fine.

Muler
When have you ever rubbed anyone the wrong way I just don't believe it ...well now that I think about it may be a few

Pension liability is why ABF whats to have a single employer plan and if it comes down to survival of this union freight company. I would vote on a single employer pension plan that would not be taken over by the goverment. Some of the Union plans are so underfunded their future is uncertain. This could leave YRC the only union freight left in the multi-employer plan.

It's not a cape. I was washing the dishes and got smart with my wife and she slapped the apron around my neck. lol