Yellow | ILWU Clerks Break Off Port of LA-LB Negotiations!

oh oh!!! Clerks, walkoffs, strikes, onion!!! Has a familiar ring! Any former Red Star guys have a comment on this?

Is yrc looking to buy part of a port container company?

How do you equate this with yrcw trying to buy this container thing

Just a play on the situation. Remember when they bought USF, I think there was a deal made between the onion, yrc and USF that yrc would buy the company if they got rid of Red Star(Philly clerks, 9 I think wanted to join onion, red star wanted a vote so onion called a company wide strike and the rest is history). yrc already had New Penn so they didn't need another northeast short hall carrier, problem solved.
However, the clowns forgot that a lot of the freight Red Star picked up and delivered was inter-lined with Holland and Holland lost a lot of accounts because of it until they and NP hooked up.

Yeah I recall the one day special strike that put Red Star out of business. Strike on Friday and by Sunday they determined they lost so much business they would never recover. And when I questioned our local about where Hoffa was, well he was playing golf. In Las Vegas at 0500 their local time. He was not able to be contacted. Gee, that whole thing didn't stink much, did it?

Yeah I recall the one day special strike that put Red Star out of business. Strike on Friday and by Sunday they determined they lost so much business they would never recover. And when I questioned our local about where Hoffa was, well he was playing golf. In Las Vegas at 0500 their local time. He was not able to be contacted. Gee, that whole thing didn't stink much, did it?
As I remember it, USF saw an opportunity to shut down a money losing company with out any repercussions because of a Teamster strike.

Debatable if they were losing money. Caddy had taken over and they were on the money making side. It's almost 8 years ago. Time sure flies when you are having fun.

Just a play on the situation. Remember when they bought USF, I think there was a deal made between the onion, yrc and USF that yrc would buy the company if they got rid of Red Star(Philly clerks, 9 I think wanted to join onion, red star wanted a vote so onion called a company wide strike and the rest is history). yrc already had New Penn so they didn't need another northeast short hall carrier, problem solved.
However, the clowns forgot that a lot of the freight Red Star picked up and delivered was inter-lined with Holland and Holland lost a lot of accounts because of it until they and NP hooked up.
Maybe there was some planning going on with that whole Red Star strike. The Teamsters Union should of known better and USF jumped at the opportunity to shut down Red Star. I don't think it started out as a company wide strike.