ABF | Imagine

They would have to end deregulation.

Heres why I say that.... Uncle was with Red Ball in WW2, was noted and commended by high command in France for running twice the authroized can count to Patton's Tanks while Luftwaffe tried to kill him personally a few times. Later did tanker work into the 60's and owned a truck or two until the end of deregulation and failed health. I last visited him before he passed before Hospice got a hold of him. One of his paintings hangs on my wall since then. Between war and peace he was involved in the older trucking longer than I have been alive. He was a good man. But damaged somewhat and is principaled. Pay him properly or forget any more work from him.

In those days it was not difficult to have a thousand dollars cash on a sunday ready for the workweek in trucking and another sunday, another thousand and so on. More or less. Deregulation came and that was the end of that gravy train.

When I started pay was a pittance as a company chump I think 300 dollars was good money for 3000 miles combined with lumping in grocery etc every day. Too much work for too little. But kept at it.

Pay failed to improve until decades later and learned that inflation over that same time period ate up whatever doubling or triping of income we had. Solo or jointly. So in the end, there is then and still is no money in trucking. Never will be.

What monies companies do get pay past due bills and rolled over into avoiding any spending or fixing until the next income hits their bank. Its a massive robbing peter to pay paul while the Roman Pilate got his taxes in the mail so to speak, Drivers dont get a damn thing.

Instead of a revolving door of bonus grabbing short timers, imagine if ABF actually paid everyone more money.
Just a thought. I just remember when Union jobs actually paid well.
I look at it this way.
Lower hourly pay, but probably the best health insurance in the trucking industry that is worth $400 a week in premiums not coming out of my check.

Or

Higher hourly pay, but healthcare with up to 6 different plans,deductibles, out of pocket options, penalties for out of network hospitals and doctors, and premium costs out of my check.

I look at it this way.
Lower hourly pay, but probably the best health insurance in the trucking industry that is worth $400 a week in premiums not coming out of my check.

Or

Higher hourly pay, but healthcare with up to 6 different plans,deductibles, out of pocket options, penalties for out of network hospitals and doctors, and premium costs out of my check.
Or have a higher wage & still maintain the same healthcare….

Sure. That would be nice. But that would mean a raise right now of close to $5.00 and hour. About as much chance of that happening, as me running 65mph.
Sure. That would be nice. But that would mean a raise right now of close to $5.00 and hour. About as much chance of that happening, as me running 65mph.
You are only worried about you. If you think your stupid jokes get you more into your pension or help future teamsters your wrong. It’s all about you….

Instead of a revolving door of bonus grabbing short timers, imagine if ABF actually paid everyone more money.
Yes look what the Polaks are paying now

Yes look what the Polaks are paying now

better get over there, jalokovich.

Last edited:
better get over there, jalokovich.
Or stay ay yellow & continue to go backwards because of people like you wo only care about themselves. It's all about you making it to the finish line screw the next generation of teamsters and before you say i want to see you out of business your wrong, I want to see yellow pay their fair share like everyone else. And if they can't make it in this trucker friendly profit explosion where everyone else is showing record quarters it's time to call it a day....

Or stay ay yellow & continue to go backwards because of people like you wo only care about themselves. It's all about you making it to the finish line screw the next generation of teamsters and before you say i want to see you out of business your wrong, I want to see yellow pay their fair share like everyone else. And if they can't make it in this trucker friendly profit explosion where everyone else is showing record quarters it's time to call it a day....
Maybe email Hawkins at Yellow corporate and tell him that. Let me know how that works out for you. Gotta go now, before I run out of hours around 3:30 today.

I look at it this way.

Or

Just a thought. I just remember when Union jobs actually p

We have paid out over a hundred grand in the last year for road driver's alone. The dock hands are getting 2500.00. I'm not sure how much they have paid out for referral bonus. I know one guy came over from t force and brought three buddies@ 1500.00 for referral bonus. This is going on everywhere. They could easily bump up the wages and pension contribution. And maintain the premium insurance.

We have paid out over a hundred grand in the last year for road driver's alone. The dock hands are getting 2500.00. I'm not sure how much they have paid out for referral bonus. I know one guy came over from t force and brought three buddies@ 1500.00 for referral bonus. This is going on everywhere. They could easily bump up the wages and pension contribution. And maintain the premium insurance.
I heard they paid out over 500,000 for referral bonuses….

Well the membership voted for a pay cut, so why would the company pay more when the membership clearly doesn't want more.

If it wasn’t for the 24/7 on call lifestyle for new line haul drivers I’m sure new guys would stay. I sure as hell would go work for ABF if it wasn’t for that. I got a good taste of that at YRC. Never again.

If it wasn’t for the 24/7 on call lifestyle for new line haul drivers I’m sure new guys would stay. I sure as hell would go work for ABF if it wasn’t for that. I got a good taste of that at YRC. Never again.
Your exactly right, I’m city & we have 3 utility runs to Carlisle and that’s the main reason we can’t find drivers. For Christ sake can’t a breakbulk cover the run for vacations? And the people who ask me about employment are pretty high up on the seniority list….

I dont refer anyone to trucking.

I dont care if you waved a million in my lap. I know people who can run big rigs but choose NOT to do it for reasons that supported a good quality life at home for them.

Gave a nephew a ride once when he was 9. Much ado in a big lot with 10 mph being tops in a tractor that hated going that slow. He said he wanna be a trucker. His daddy and me both told him hell no.

Why NOT? His pa told me he will take care of that with the kid at some future time. And he did well for himself. Being deployed to the Rockpile several times with the machine gun they gave him. I suppose with all the Russia hellraising going on hes probably on alert somewhere.