Pitt-Ohio | Impressed with our dental insurance

My son has to get his wisdom teeth extracted. My wife just called to confirm in network coverage for the referral and was informed that it's 100% covered. Definitely impressed with this so anyone looking out there here's another good reason to check Pitt out.
what brand Dental Ins

Screenshot_20230725-0729252.md.jpeg
It's covered up to the maximum amount they cover for the year. I'll get some kind of a bill for this but it definitely is much better than when we were on my wife's dental plan.
Very good 👍🏻. I had a root canal last year and had to time it so that the crown would be done this year because of the $1000 annual maximum. To Pitt’s credit, I’m paying the same $6.36 per week as I did when I started here over 15 years ago, but I’d be willing to pay a higher premium in return for, at the very least, a higher annual limit as $1000 doesn’t go very far these days.

I'm with you on that, I would be willing to pay more for vision for a much better plan than we have now. What we have now for vision is a joke that most providers never even heard of.

(not your company)
We actually had our dentist call us and tell us that they don't take our insurance anymore and wanted to know if we were still going to come there.
I asked Is this about money and we always made sure you were paid in full before walking out of there as well as bring treats on holidays , OR taking care of a old and good patient ? She did not know what to say except Goodbye ....

So I'm happy you are and have a good dentist and plan my friend.

Very good 👍🏻. I had a root canal last year and had to time it so that the crown would be done this year because of the $1000 annual maximum. To Pitt’s credit, I’m paying the same $6.36 per week as I did when I started here over 15 years ago, but I’d be willing to pay a higher premium in return for, at the very least, a higher annual limit as $1000 doesn’t go very far these days.
Same for gambling winnings , over 1200 is taxable , this isn't 1990

Insurance is total trash here and yet people get warm and fuzzy feelings about it. Your dental plan is really only worth $669 after paying for it all year long.

Abf’s dental plan is awesome. Everything is covered at 100% except crowns and bridegroom work are 80% cleanings, fillings, root canal, dentures all 100% covered. 2,500$ a year max
Now that’s more realistic. We have very good health insurance considering there are no premiums and the deductibles and out of pocket maximums are relatively low. The dental and vision insurance coverage on the other hand has remained stagnant for years while the costs of covered procedures continue to rise in a regular basis. To their credit, they haven’t missed a pay raise and the dental premiums have not gone up in the 15 years that I’ve been there. It’s the coverage provided that has become inadequate and needs to be addressed.

Update on what this is going to cost. My son's 4 wisdom teeth are impacted so he'll have to be sedated. We went and got 2 quotes. Definitely look into different providers if available cause it definitely makes a difference. Altogether we will pay $1300 for everything after insurance. First place told us we had to pay for everything than insurance will reimburse us. That didn't sound right to us so we got a second opinion. Not to horrible considering a root canal and crown cost me $1100 with teamsters dental 5 years ago. Hope everyone has a great holiday season this year.