ODFL | In dash radios...

Aladdin Sane

TB Lurker
Credits
Alright guys need some help here. Quite a ways back someone got on the subject of dimming out the radios in the newer tractors. Someone gave a detailed description of how it's done. Been thru manuals even googled the particular radios that are in these units to no avail. If anyone has the 411 I'd sure appreciate being enlightened. Thanks in advance !

Alright guys need some help here. Quite a ways back someone got on the subject of dimming out the radios in the newer tractors. Someone gave a detailed description of how it's done. Been thru manuals even googled the particular radios that are in these units to no avail. If anyone has the 411 I'd sure appreciate being enlightened. Thanks in advance !

I put a piece of black electrical tape over the radio display in the trucks that I drive ... is very effective :wee:

I remember that discussion.Tried it once or twice sucessfully.But then for some reason I tried to adjust another truck and I could adjust but it didn't dim the radio.

I found the way to the menu in the radio to lower the illumination BUT it did not change the brightness of the display. it did not work

Well,very simple.You put it on then you take it with you.Drove a 2017 Volvo this week and driver had thrown there nasty teeth floss crap in the storage hole.Really!!!!! Never understood how some people can't clean up after themselves.
Sorry if O sound like Billy.The truth is the truth

Some of us can't help it that we like things clean. A lot of line drivers are generally lazy so I can see why pulling tape is such a task.

What's funny is a line driver in the office complaining about someone driving their truck like it's kept immaculate inside, but when you go out to the truck it's filthy af.

One of the harness wires is connected to the dash dimmer control and overrides the dimmer on the radio....should that wire become dislodged from the back of the radio the radio dimmer will work....For informational purposes only, such wiring diagram may be obtained by emailing customer service at customradio.net................or just go buy some tint from AutoZone/O'Reilly and cut a piece small enough to fit the screen
Or just throw your towel over it.

Took a corrosive(black) placard cut to size. Couple holes for knobs and a couple half circles at bottom to set on the air valves. No light no glare. Take it off put it away when it gets light out

Took a corrosive(black) placard cut to size. Couple holes for knobs and a couple half circles at bottom to set on the air valves. No light no glare. Take it off put it away when it gets light out
Was in a truck one time that had a piece of cardboard.Like the bottom of a notepad.Cut to size and had 2 notches to accomodate the radio knobs and keep it in place.Pretty original.

Well,very simple.You put it on then you take it with you.Drove a 2017 Volvo this week and driver had thrown there nasty teeth floss crap in the storage hole.Really!!!!! Never understood how some people can't clean up after themselves.

Now that's just nasty... A piece of tape isn't a big deal, something that's been in a dude's mouth, yuck.

What's funny is a line driver in the office complaining about someone driving their truck like it's kept immaculate inside, but when you go out to the truck it's filthy af.

Like you wouldn't go whining into the bossman's office... Seriously though, I haven't had to say much in my tenure here so far, most guys in ATL do an ok job keeping the trucks clean enough to drive, but what I will go to the boss about every time is someone smoking in a non-smoking tractor. That's a load of crap right there.