FedEx Freight | IND rollover

WRONGWAY

TB Lurker
Credits
Anybody know what caused a driver I heard from STL to rollover the tractor and front box at the gate the other night?

This reminds me. A guy at TOL last night, ran into a light pole. Plenty of space to clear it, but for some reason he drove square into it.

Well if you ever seen how the dock workers load tote tanks right down the middle of a trailer with no bracing down in indy that could answer the question.

Well I don't Know if that was the case but I do know my lead trailer almost turned over when I left indy a couple years back, 6 large tote tanks where loaded right down the middle of the trailer with no bracing.

Anybody know what caused a driver I heard from STL to rollover the tractor and front box at the gate the other night?

Ill have to ask around. I haven't been in for a month so I am out of the loop, that and we have had so many drivers quit since the last COO. Guys are dropping like flys.

This reminds me. A guy at TOL last night, ran into a light pole. Plenty of space to clear it, but for some reason he drove square into it.

We had a yard dog that did that twice at IND. Knocked the first one clean over. Both times got out and was put right back into another hostler. One night he almost drove the hostler over the ramp and then decided to drive onto the ramp and get out and walk away. Only he problem he forgot to set the brakes. What finally did him in was when he pulled a PT out and turned too soon and collapsed the landing gears on the one next to it.

Well I don't Know if that was the case but I do know my lead trailer almost turned over when I left indy a couple years back, 6 large tote tanks where loaded right down the middle of the trailer with no bracing.

possibly or all down one side of the trailer..wtf

We had a yard dog that did that twice at IND. Knocked the first one clean over. Both times got out and was put right back into another hostler. One night he almost drove the hostler over the ramp and then decided to drive onto the ramp and get out and walk away. Only he problem he forgot to set the brakes. What finally did him in was when he pulled a PT out and turned too soon and collapsed the landing gears on the one next to it.

This was a road driver complete with a set. Ran the nose of his Volvo square into the concrete foot of the pole.

Future road drivers, and we laugh at Swift and Prime...

I wonder if he will be fired???????? If fed-ex was union he wouldnt be. Just sayin.......

So you don't think he should be disciplined up to or including termination? The guy drove into a light pole, a stationary object that would be getting brighter as he got closer. Its not like the poles are just randomly placed and in the middle of the driving area. He was obviously not paying attention to what he was doing. Yes accidents happen but there should be repercussions for those accidents. If your in your personal car and did it your rates would go up and you might get a ticket from the police. Those are repercussions just like he should get on the job.