Holland | Indy running ad for 4hour casuals.

The writing is on the wall,gentlemen.Not to sound negative but I can see the company keeping the laid off guys out until they just give up and quit.If they can trim the board by about 30 guys at each terminal by laying off and then starving them out,the company can bring these casuals on whenever they need them without paying any benefit and at 8 dollars an hour cheaper.Just read the e-mails from corporate and everytime they mention "cost control" this is what that means.
I was wondering when I would get my first dose of negativity, and gloom and doom for the week! Thanks ASSBAG, I owe you one!!!!!!!:chairshot::chairshot:

The writing is on the wall,gentlemen.Not to sound negative but I can see the company keeping the laid off guys out until they just give up and quit.If they can trim the board by about 30 guys at each terminal by laying off and then starving them out,the company can bring these casuals on whenever they need them without paying any benefit and at 8 dollars an hour cheaper.Just read the e-mails from corporate and everytime they mention "cost control" this is what that means.

I just wish more of us could have seen the writing (or a lack of) before they voted yes.

I just wish more of us could have seen the writing (or a lack of) before they voted yes.

I know what you mean Jarhead, they wouldn't listen to me either. 33% did but the other 67% didn't.

Post from Jan. 2008:
I don't know where you got the info that "Memos of understanding ARE legal and binding". Its been shown in the past, several times, that they ARE NOT. When taken to the grievance committee's, they do not honor them. They go by whats written in the contract, period. If you don't believe me ask around and you'll see for yourself. I voted NO because there needs to be more control on the Utility Employee, 4 Hour Casuals and the road/rail outside carrier issue. I wish everybody would vote NO but what ever any one votes is up to them. Right or wrong vote what you feel is right for everybody in the Union not just the top or the bottom of the seniority. If you turn in your vote you have done your duty as a Teamster, if you don't, then you have no right to complain about anything that happens to you later.

I was wondering when I would get my first dose of negativity, and gloom and doom for the week! Thanks ASSBAG, I owe you one!!!!!!!:chairshot::chairshot:

Ok then here you go Shoeman. The sky is falling, repent sinner the end is near, going out of business sale, chapter 11 and then 7, do you want more? I've heard them all, from so many people that don't have a clue. The best thing they could do is stop trying to spread their gloom and doom to everybody else. Sure the company can save tons of money by messing us over. If you can't deal with it or afford to hang on, then do what I would/will do when the time comes for me, get another job. Holland was a great job and still is, in my opinion, one of the best jobs out there. Time will always change things and if you don't change with it, time will pass you by. Everybody keep your chin up, hang in there and stay strong for your family and yourself. If things go bad then quit and do what you have to do for your family and yourself. I don't want to quit either but if it comes to that I would/will.

Ok then here you go Shoeman. The sky is falling, repent sinner the end is near, going out of business sale, chapter 11 and then 7, do you want more? I've heard them all, from so many people that don't have a clue. The best thing they could do is stop trying to spread their gloom and doom to everybody else. Sure the company can save tons of money by messing us over. If you can't deal with it or afford to hang on, then do what I would/will do when the time comes for me, get another job. Holland was a great job and still is, in my opinion, one of the best jobs out there. Time will always change things and if you don't change with it, time will pass you by. Everybody keep your chin up, hang in there and stay strong for your family and yourself. If things go bad then quit and do what you have to do for your family and yourself. I don't want to quit either but if it comes to that I would/will.

:stupid::stupid:

:hide:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

I skipped thru a few pages here so I don’t know if anyone mentioned
The fact that yrc has stated on two conference calls so far that these
Part timers are to make up 30% of our workforce by the end of the year.
Remember the flyer (propaganda letter) we all got, saying “we will not flood
The dock with part time casuals” what exactly constitutes a flood ? 40%
Maybe? Again, not in the contract, just a flyer. Apparently we all voted on
Flyers and propaganda letters because there is nothing in the contract defining
Flood of casuals or flood of ue drivers. When asked in a conference call how yrc
Hopes to achieve these numbers bill zollers stated “through attrition” well here
We are, welcome to attrition. Creating new jobs as they stated in yet another
Propaganda letter does not include us, if you are in the 30% or a victim of
The “attrition” then yes! They got a new job for you.

Flood of casuals or flood of ue drivers. When asked in a conference call how yrc
Hopes to achieve these numbers bill zollers stated “through attrition” well here

I think you hit the nail on the head bad thing is some of them letters came from our own union, telling us how good it would be. I can honestly say I voted no to this crap just because I hate change I like to get in a rut and stay there but thats just me.:hysterical:

I believe the statement by zollars was 30% ue workers by year end ,NOT part time or casuals BIG DIFFERENCE

nope

im not speaking of the latest conferance call, correct me but i think
it was the april 25 call they said 30% part timers. doesnt matter,
i dont make this stuff up, they said it.

I believe the statement by zollars was 30% ue workers by year end ,NOT part time or casuals BIG DIFFERENCE

im not speaking of the latest conferance call, correct me but i think
it was the april 25 call they said 30% part timers. doesnt matter,
i dont make this stuff up, they said it.

OK, I read both conference calls again and the only reference to 30% of anything was about UE jobs. Sterdock, here are links to the calls, I couldn't find it myself, you're welcome to show us all what you're talking about. I'm very interested in this because I haven't heard of this before. (30% part-time/casuals) Bill was asked about the amount of man hours that were being worked by UE's or 4 hour casuals. He stated that by the end of 2008 30% or so of our DRIVERS... I think he was talking about UE jobs only since the 4-hour-dock only-14.00 an hour casuals don't drive. Just my opinion, I hope this clears this issue up for everybody.

YRC Worldwide Inc. Q1 2008 Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha

YRC Worldwide Inc., Q2 2008 Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha

From Q2-2008-Earnings Call Transcript-Page7

John Barnes - BB&T Capital Markets

Okay and then could you give us an idea of the percentage of man-hours, dock hours or whatever, that are now being worked by either the utility employee or the four hour casual?

William D. Zollars

We are in the early days, obviously. It is not a very big percentage yet. By the time we get through all three phases it will be a significant, maybe 30% or so of our drivers I think is the number that we were talking about.

when ?

if and when i get a chance. but anyway it was the call when zollers said
they would reach this number thru attriton. maybe i'll find it maybe not,
i cant be the only one that listons to these calls, anyone? if i remember
right it wasnt a quarter call it was another stock holders thing. what are we contesting
here, they arent out to screw us ?

I listen to, then read, then research and then analyze the statements after every conference call that YRCW presents. I normally remember most things that I read and hear about most of the time. Sometimes not in detail at first, but I remember enough to give myself a reference point to start when trying to look up the information that I want to discuss or reintegrate to others. I myself, don't remember hearing or reading the statements that you were talking about. I'm not saying that you're incorrect, I'm just saying that I don't remember it myself and would like to see it stated by someone in either print or hear it on some form of audio. I'll look back at other conference calls myself, when time allows me to do so. I'll do my best to help you find this info for all of us, if its still there. You've got me interested in this issue, if its there I'll find it. :1036316054:

Benny Holmes is now on the case. :biglaugh:

We're not contesting anything here, you made a statement that more than one of us felt you were mistaken about. I felt, that I showed you and everyone else in a previous post, that it was an easy mistake to make because of the way the question was asked by the person and by the way the question was answered by the other person. Nothing more or nothing else. Many people start out here at TB knowing things to be true in their own minds and then tell others about things they remember. Then, after other people prove to them that they were mistaken about their thoughts, they normally gain a new respect for other peoples ability to discuss things. You are still fairly new to TB and still have many things to learn about the members here at TB. We do our homework and discuss issues both intelligently and respectfully between each other. We can always respectfully agree to disagree without any hard feelings or name calling. Some members don't like to do so and thats their own problem. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I'd like to see some proof to prove your statement to us all.

I listen to, then read, then research and then analyze the statements after every conference call that YRCW presents. I normally remember most things that I read and hear about most of the time. Sometimes not in detail at first, but I remember enough to give myself a reference point to start when trying to look up the information that I want to discuss or reintegrate to others. I myself, don't remember hearing or reading the statements that you were talking about. I'm not saying that you're incorrect, I'm just saying that I don't remember it myself and would like to see it stated by someone in either print or hear it on some form of audio. I'll look back at other conference calls myself, when time allows me to do so. I'll do my best to help you find this info for all of us, if its still there. You've got me interested in this issue, if its there I'll find it. :1036316054:

Benny Holmes is now on the case. :biglaugh:

We're not contesting anything here, you made a statement that more than one of us felt you were mistaken about. I felt, that I showed you and everyone else in a previous post, that it was an easy mistake to make because of the way the question was asked by the person and by the way the question was answered by the other person. Nothing more or nothing else. Many people start out here at TB knowing things to be true in their own minds and then tell others about things they remember. Then, after other people prove to them that they were mistaken about their thoughts, they normally gain a new respect for other peoples ability to discuss things. You are still fairly new to TB and still have many things to learn about the members here at TB. We do our homework and discuss issues both intelligently and respectfully between each other. We can always respectfully agree to disagree without any hard feelings or name calling. Some members don't like to do so and thats their own problem. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I'd like to see some proof to prove your statement to us all.

I agree with Benny, The only thing I have ever seen about 30% was about the UE position.

Why is the union letting them get by with that? Been on layoff since last November. I'm not sure if I'd want to go back if they did call