Holland | Info on Midstates Express

They have been running everything [out of Des Moines and covering the whole state.Been a for Sale sign on the building for a long time, but I Went by going to the union hall Wednesday and had all new equipment,who knows, there was rumor about know one would work on there equipment unless they had cash. I would hate to start rumor.

I just left this trash heap of a company. I don't know all their financials, but with the low pay & benefits they pay drivers, I'm sure they can stay in business. They haven't paid a health insurance claim in years, they might have now since they lost the lawsuit.

The company is notorious for paying bills VERY late, this isn't because they don't have the money, its because they find any way of getting out of paying the bill, that and the h//////s have this fear of giving their "hard earned" aka stolen money away to people. That's right, stolen money, embezzlement. They embezzled their workers health insurance premiums. The company wont spend ten cents to save thousands of dollars, in fear of spending that 10 cents. This is a company known for high damage claims because they wont invest in straps to secure the freight and proper tools to move freight. Of anyone I respected at midstates I would have to say the dispatchers and terminal manager where I worked. Those vastly underpaid, they knew what they were doing and worked their *** off. The drivers on the other hand were a mixed bunch. Most at my terminal (one of the better ones) were fairly good, though one guy I think couldn't read. Most though didn't have a lot of experience. Most Midstates terminals now hire a lot of foreigners. Anyways, I heard the rumor about midstates closing from a holland driver the other day, based on some terminals getting eviction notices and trucks getting repoed. This is nothing new, been happening for years. One day I came to work, no trucks! all repoed. got the day off at least. If midstates is to sink, mark my words it'll be from the health insurance fiasco and not fuel prices.
Oh and I wrote that wiki.

Glad to hear that they're still going? I had heard that they didn't make any pick-ups in the local area last week. Good info Zathlon.