Holland | Inside trailer graffiti

Boilerpeddle

Drawing found in trailer
Credits
Maybe this will be a little bit lighter topic than others lately. Then again maybe not.
I have noticed over the years some common themes inside trailers and some I have always wondered about. There are some real artists out there and there are some real hacks but I wonder about a couple of names. Lately "RED DOG EXPRESS" has been making an appearance in an awful lot of trailers. And in the past someone named "Skippy W*****" was the focus of a lot of comment.
Now can anyone explain these two things without naming names. I mean just the basics like "Red Dog is a city driver down south" or something along those lines.
Anyone else wonder about these things. Sometimes I have a lot of time to think while I wait at the back of my trailer.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks about stuff like this while waiting for the shipper/receiver. Being on the west coast with RETL, I have not seen those names. I think I need a hobby...or maybe a doctor and a couch! :knockout:

skippy dog

red dog has been around for a lot of years now, havnt seen any freash ink
from him for several years now. skippy is a gay guy from what i can tell from some of the crap writtin about him, must be homophobes writing that stuff.

I believe Red Dog is from Michigan and has tagged trailers for a couple decades and Skippy W used to drink with the guys after work and "Skip out" without paying his bar tab. I paid a portion of it one particular night.
I want to know who Slim is from the 710. Always see his little stickers in every hole warehouse in Chicagoloand. Might have been an Advance Trans driver. He must have retired because there haven't been any new ones up for about 10 years.
I try to watch the walls for anything that may be offensive and block it while being unloaded. Our trailers are pretty "clean" as far as that goes but theres always those few that have something like that.

Loon, I've got a question now. From the different posts in this thread I've read I was just wondering about something. Just what type of bar were you, the guys and Skippy "drinking" at? J/K with you. :hysterical:

Welcome to Truckingboards Jessie.

Skippy actually has a wife and kids but you would have never guessed the way he acted , over all he was harmless except for his own self he is no longer part of the Holland family as mentioned.

He was a character thats for sure , I have always wondered were the smiley faces at the back originated at.

Something else that I've wondered about. What is HOMOJ. I see that in the back of a lot of trailers. Seems limensome Sort of acronym for somemthing

I believe Red Dog is from Michigan and has tagged trailers for a couple decades and Skippy W used to drink with the guys after work and "Skip out" without paying his bar tab. I paid a portion of it one particular night.
I want to know who Slim is from the 710. Always see his little stickers in every hole warehouse in Chicagoloand. Might have been an Advance Trans driver. He must have retired because there haven't been any new ones up for about 10 years.
I try to watch the walls for anything that may be offensive and block it while being unloaded. Our trailers are pretty "clean" as far as that goes but theres always those few that have something like that.

I have gone to the shop a few times to get a spray can to cover the more ofensive drawings and words. Never know who will be in that trailer.

I thought Red Dog was from Chicago,he always writes Chicago under the picture of the dog. I have noticed alot of trailers with Toadster written inside lately.

Loon, I've got a question now. From the different posts in this thread I've read I was just wondering about something. Just what type of bar were you, the guys and Skippy "drinking" at? J/K with you. :hysterical:

I would bet the bar was called the "Blue Oyster Bar" and probably has a "wall of shame". Beware of pretty ladies with adams apples in there, they probably have a kickstand :biglaugh::hide:

At one of our meetings in the break room with sales and TM I mentioned that the customer sees the driver and the inside of trailer more than the out side of trailer and the graffiti needs to be removed or painted over and they looked at me like I was from mars, and could care less. I used to carry a bottle of simple green and 3m pad and would clean it myself,when I was on street.

One of my favorites was the pictures in the nose of the trailer of someone named "ozzie" I guess from Chicago,and the quote "they can do that!"
I always wondered who ozzie was.

Has anybody saw the one of a ship at sea. Its named the USS YRC, its bow is up and it starting to sink. It has a lot of detailed art in the drawing, I think it was on an older smooth side 48 footer?

Has anybody saw the one of a ship at sea. Its named the USS YRC, its bow is up and it starting to sink. It has a lot of detailed art in the drawing, I think it was on an older smooth side 48 footer?

Pulled that one a few weeks ago , and it does have alot of detail , I have always wondered who has the time to do somthing like that.

Benny Benny Benny, how your mind slips! You bought the first few rounds that night! Debra (known as Bob by day) still asks about you! :smilie_132:

How's he, I mean she doing? That place was very different, the drinks were cheap and the Village People were good that night, I always liked that song they played, I think it was something about a Y. M. C. A. wasn't it?

J/K I deserved that, good one.

they got time

pulled that one a few weeks ago , and it does have alot of detail , I have always wondered who has the time to do something like that.

Just some knuckle-dragging UNION dock worker, padding the clock!!

:joke: Just kidding, just kidding... had to get that out there before one of the union bashers did!
I'll go back to the yellow forum now. :hide: