Yellow | Insider Trades: Hedge Fund Billionaire Marc Lasry Increases Stake in YRC Worldwide

all I can say this is way over my pay grade to confusing credit sussie a month ago said sell stock , value they said around 7 dollars (glad I sold my big 75 shares in 401 k and put into something else lol) now earnings come out we are using them to possible restructure the hedge fund thing really is weird hes bought roughly 40 million dollars woth of shares is he trying to take over to do something or does he believe the abf buy out will happen or he will try to make it happen if he controls 51 percent of shares crazy stuff hard to figure

What I would do if I were up on this stock stuff and I wanted to find out about this Lasry guy and his Avenue hedge fund company.I would research the history of this guy and his company on other companies to see if ABF or the company ABC has ever had exposure to this hedge fund company.Gotta go deep

Let's see now - should I be influenced by the advice of someone who has become a billionaire or by someone who is nothing more than a disgruntled employee whose only claim to fame is smart-ass comebacks.. Gee, tough choice.

I dont know what his problem is., why yrc-atm comes off as disgruntled., he should learn take it up the ars and smile about it like everybody else.

I dont know what his problem is., why yrc-atm comes off as disgruntled., he should learn take it up the ars and smile about it like everybody else.

I see it this way - there are two types here.

There are the one's who moan and whine and cry and insult everyone who don't behave like they do but they continue to stay in their unhappy situations.

Then there are those who don't feel happy about their current situation and who move on to a different environment rather than stay where they are so unhappy.

Seems to me the later types are the real men and the previous whiners are nothing more than a bunch of old wash-women.

What's the old saying - ***** or get off the pot?

I see it this way - there are two types here.

There are the one's who moan and whine and cry and insult everyone who don't behave like they do but they continue to stay in their unhappy situations.

Then there are those who don't feel happy about their current situation and who move on to a different environment rather than stay where they are so unhappy.

Seems to me the later types are the real men and the previous whiners are nothing more than a bunch of old wash-women.

What's the old saying - ***** or get off the pot?

I'm not unhappy where I am. I would be happier if we didn't have this loser yrcf dragging us under the waves.

If so, who is he buying for?

From whom or where did 1.3 M shares surface, to be purchased as a block?

There is no insider info on that sale, only on his/Avenue's purchase.

That is what puzzles me.

(We are a sustainable business as a company in a different form.)

We are attractive because of our network.

Attractive because of the network??? It hemorages money! There is nothing attractive about yrc's network of rundown terminals that loses money whenever a shipment enters it.

Attractive because of the network??? It hemorages money! There is nothing attractive about yrc's network of rundown terminals that loses money whenever a shipment enters it.

While there is no disputing YRCF continues to lose money, primarily because of the ENORMOUS debt. Operationally YRCF does make some money. The O/R reflects capital investment, which was severely restricted under $bill.

I'm not unhappy where I am. I would be happier if we didn't have this loser yrcf dragging us under the waves.

And management would probably also be much happier if they didn't have to deal with whiny, crybaby, complaining workers every day. Just saying.

Location, location, location. That is all.

Do you really think customers care what a terminal looks like? Maybe on some brochure...

They want their freight delivered timely and damage free.

If the two goals were always met, they wouldn't care if it was loaded in a blender and delivered by t-shirt cannon.

The message I was trying to convey is that the number of terminals in strategic locations could be attractive to ABF if they were interested in taking the big step.

Because the price of YRC is cheap, selling the unused properties at break even or slight loss would add to their bottom line and be cheaper than building new, in the "long haul."

Location, location, location. That is all.

Do you really think customers care what a terminal looks like? Maybe on some brochure...

They want their freight delivered timely and damage free.

If the two goals were always met, they wouldn't care if it was loaded in a blender and delivered by t-shirt cannon.

The message I was trying to convey is that the number of terminals in strategic locations could be attractive to ABF if they were interested in taking the big step.

Because the price of YRC is cheap, selling the unused properties at break even or slight loss would add to their bottom line and be cheaper than building new, in the "long haul."

But abf would have a hard time selling those rundown terminals. Especially in areas where they would now have an abf, yellow, and roadway terminal. Hell yrcw has been trying to dump some of those properties for years and can't.

While there is no disputing YRCF continues to lose money, primarily because of the ENORMOUS debt. Operationally YRCF does make some money. The O/R reflects capital investment, which was severely restricted under $bill.

The regionals bought more equipment and have the new handhelds. They are burdened with the same debt. Why was their or 94?

But abf would have a hard time selling those rundown terminals. Especially in areas where they would now have an abf, yellow, and roadway terminal. Hell yrcw has been trying to dump some of those properties for years and can't.

It would be a liquidation. Redundant terminals would be sold at auction. ABF has such a different business model and freight mix.

IF this were to happen, I cannot see it as the same format as the Y/R MERGER.

It would be an outright purchase. YRC employees would endtail. The best terminals in strategic locations would be held, the rest would be liquidated in a fire sale.

I do not think ABF is up to the task, I am just saying "what if?"

Now, back to the thread. The more I read about this Lasry guy, the more he seems to have a goal in mind.

He has helped companies emerge from financial distress to become profitable, in the past.

I do not think he would stick his neck out with such high stakes, without some type of ace in the hole/safety net in his vision.

I just want to find out if the entire holding is for "shorting," or if he is making money on "loaning shares" to short.

I think if he was shorting he would have to report it as such. But he may be loaning the shares.

If you're expecting the share price to fall (that's what a short seller thinks), you don't buy more shares.

I get the feeling he knows something that is in the numbers that makes this company a good choice "long."

He does make money.

He gave up and ambassadorship to maintain his interest....

Hi folks, I´m from Germany, "Old Europe", watching this board from time to time. Very interesting thoughts about Mr. Lasry´s 1,3 Mio deal. It seems to me as if nobody has noticed that it was only 130,700 he bought. You may take a look at the correction file: YRC Worldwide - Amended Statement of Changes of Beneficial Ownership

Explanation of Responses:
( 1) The purpose of this amendment to the Form 4 filed by Marc Lasry and Avenue Capital Management II, L.P. (collectively, the "Reporting Persons") on July 31, 2013 is to correct Item 4 in Table I, which erroneously indicated that 1,302,000 shares of Common Stock (the "Common Stock") of YRC Worldwide Inc. were acquired. The actual number of shares of Common Stock acquired was 130,200. The error was the result of a clerical inaccuracy in the computerized form filing. The total number of shares of Common Stock beneficially owned following the transaction, 374,881, was correctly reported.

Hi folks, I´m from Germany, "Old Europe", watching this board from time to time. Very interesting thoughts about Mr. Lasry´s 1,3 Mio deal. It seems to me as if nobody has noticed that it was only 130,700 he bought. You may take a look at the correction file: YRC Worldwide - Amended Statement of Changes of Beneficial Ownership

Explanation of Responses:
( 1) The purpose of this amendment to the Form 4 filed by Marc Lasry and Avenue Capital Management II, L.P. (collectively, the "Reporting Persons") on July 31, 2013 is to correct Item 4 in Table I, which erroneously indicated that 1,302,000 shares of Common Stock (the "Common Stock") of YRC Worldwide Inc. were acquired. The actual number of shares of Common Stock acquired was 130,200. The error was the result of a clerical inaccuracy in the computerized form filing. The total number of shares of Common Stock beneficially owned following the transaction, 374,881, was correctly reported.

What's the payrate for internet gaurd dog?
In this part of the world we take 15% loss of profits automatically and are required to work another 2-4 years before retiring(who knows where the money goes). Is your vote yes, or yes? Are you in?
That will be 15% and another 2-4 years of your life.
Sign on the bottom line and thank you for your business.

Last edited by a moderator: