TForce | Insurance question

flat top

TB Regular
Credits
Can anyone tell me about the healthcare. I know it's teamcare, but was wondering specifically about deductibles, out of pocket etc. Just wondering if it is comparable to what UPS parcel gets, as far as coverage goes.

$1500 max out of pocket, yearly per person.
Co insurance is 15% until deductible is met.
Co pay $15
$50 fee emergency visit.
MRI cat scan X-ray blood work is free is you go to their provider.
Prescriptions real good on low pricing.
Chiropractor unlimited visits only $30 each.
$21 per week payroll deduction for family plan.

Last edited:
Wow, $1500.00 a person deductible ? I thought it was going to be comparable to Yrc. I wasn't in central states health at yrc , but we had a $300.00 deductible, then 90/10 coverage. Sounds like this insurance is not quite as good as I thought
$1500 deductible. Yearly per person.
Co pay $15
$50 fee emergency visit.

Wow, $1500.00 a person deductible ? I thought it was going to be comparable to Yrc. I wasn't in central states health at yrc , but we had a $300.00 deductible, then 90/10 coverage. Sounds like this insurance is not quite as good as I thought
But, but, but, it's not up to Teamster "standards" (whatever that means)? How can that be? Oh wait a minute, never mind. 😄😂
(Why do "concessions" keep popping into my head?)

But, but, but, it's not up to Teamster "standards" (whatever that means)? How can that be? Oh wait a minute, never mind. 😄😂
(Why do "concessions" keep popping into my head?)
Where in my post did I say anything about teamster standards? Just a question and an oberservation, sorry to irritate you.

Where in my post did I say anything about teamster standards? Just a question and an oberservation, sorry to irritate you.
You're not irritating me at all and I was just using your post to make a point about how we really have no uniformity or "standards" in Teamster LTL. Not a reflection on you at all, sorry if I gave you that impression.

Gotcha. I'm just a little frustrated as I took a position there, thinking because it was central states health insurance it would naturally be a lower deductible plan , but not the case I guess.

No deductible $1,500 max out of pocket. So if you have an errection that last more than 4 hours you'll pay $50 for the er your wife will hit the $1,500 mark. 😆

Can anyone tell me about the healthcare. I know it's teamcare, but was wondering specifically about deductibles, out of pocket etc. Just wondering if it is comparable to what UPS parcel gets, as far as coverage goes.
There may be some out there who have a better medical plan, but everytime I go to a doctor or dentist the billing clerk always tells me how great our coverage is, I have no complaints.

There may be some out there who have a better medical plan, but everytime I go to a doctor or dentist the billing clerk always tells me how great our coverage is, I have no complaints.
Yup the same when I go. I am very thankful for our medical and I was with package. The main difference is in the dental (far better) from when I was there and we pay a small weekly fee.

$1500 max out of pocket, yearly per person.
Co pay $15
$50 fee emergency visit.
Holy crap. That’s Teamster benefits?? Yikes. Surprised obrien allows t force to stay open with those substandard benefits. At least u guys got pension to look forward to

Obrien put my company out of business. But no cost emergency room, NO cost family plan, 250 deductible, NO COPAY, 15 dollar prescription for 90 day supply, Dental, vision, mental health coverage. Pre-certified surgical procedures covered….not bad for a job that wasn’t worth having. Enjoy
There is only one entity to blame for the yellow debacle, and they are upper management.
They leveraged the company beyond capacity, for 15 years they were given back billions in salary's and benefits from the union workers, they got a 700 million dollar loan and pissed it all away in 3 years (paying themselves bonuses).
No one wanted you or anyone else to lose there job at yellow, but the company couldn't make money, and a company that can't make money eventually closes.
It was an economic miracle it survived for as long as it did.

There is only one entity to blame for the yellow debacle, and they are upper management.
They leveraged the company beyond capacity, for 15 years they were given back billions in salary's and benefits from the union workers, they got a 700 million dollar loan and pissed it all away in 3 years (paying themselves bonuses).
No one wanted you or anyone else to lose there job at yellow, but the company couldn't make money, and a company that can't make money eventually closes.
It was an economic miracle it survived for as long as it did.
Obrien had nine months to change a couple work rules. He said fkk that and fkk you to yellow teamsters. Bottom line