ODFL | Intruder training

freightman68

TB Lurker
Credits
At my service center we recently had someone get fired who management thought might be a little unstable. Next thing you know we are having

“Intruder” training and I’m learning about throwing a stapler or garbage can at the dude . That’s all fine and dandy but in this day and age with whats going on in Israel and “palistine” I’d be interested in some” “Reginald Denny” training …. You younger guys google it. Dude was trucking during the Rodney King riots and he was pulled out of his truck and beaten and was never the same . I’d like to know what the company wants Me to do if I run into a riot situation.

At my service center we recently had someone get fired who management thought might be a little unstable. Next thing you know we are having

“Intruder” training and I’m learning about throwing a stapler or garbage can at the dude . That’s all fine and dandy but in this day and age with whats going on in Israel and “palistine” I’d be interested in some” “Reginald Denny” training …. You younger guys google it. Dude was trucking during the Rodney King riots and he was pulled out of his truck and beaten and was never the same . I’d like to know what the company wants Me to do if I run into a riot situation.
Had nothing to do with your terminal ,we've had to do that training company wide.

Yeah it's is required by law in my state. Same as sexual harassment training and overtime after 40..... oh no... I got carried away. Somehow OD is exempt from last one.

Being in best city to live, called :shit:cago I wish we had some directions and instruction what to do in many fun situations of being a p&d driver in the greatest city on earth.

Yeah it's is required by law in my state. Same as sexual harassment training and overtime after 40..... oh no... I got carried away. Somehow OD is exempt from last one.

Being in best city to live, called :::shit:::cago I wish we had some directions and instruction what to do in many fun situations of being a p&d driver in the greatest city on earth.
beyond carrying a $10.00 can of pepper spray from Harbor Freight, I don't know what you really can do at this point in Chicago... Stay in mental alertness condition yellow and be observant for safe areas to take refuge in if necessary (constantly run what-if scenarios in your head. After a while, it becomes second nature to do it) and avoid flakey people, and vote for someone that still gives a damn that might straighten this back out...In places you or your family frequent often you should already have those places identified. In your grocery store, or any retail store for that matter, the best might be to go back thru the freight dock area and outside thru a back door for example. Make a habit of NEVER sitting anywhere with your back to the main entrance. Being engrossed in your cellphone and oblivious to everything around you could get you killed, and not just while driving... The 4 conditions of mental alertness are 1. condition white- oblivious to everything going on around you and with your head firmly up your a**. 2. condition yellow -alert and observant for potential dangers 3. condition orange- potential threat identified and full attention to it immediately required. 4. condition red. -God help you that it never gets to that point.

Last edited:

Assault my truck, it’s hammer down. I’ll find a different job.

Been there done that. Most of the time the Intruder is disposed of. (Threat ended, fled etc)

Everything in that cab is a weapon to be applied just so. And has been at one time or another.

I am not concerned for Hamas, BLM etc. They show up in my area with all of those kids nearby in school the bad guys will be neutralized permanently on sight.

beyond carrying a $10.00
My tire thumper - a hardwood dowel 18" long 2'' wide with a 5" heavy steel sleeve & cap on the end , a leather loop to keep it from falling from my hand always worked good in :shit:cago. It works on a well filled tire and a empty head. Just a bit of handy work from my government shop. Seriously saved my life 2X (at the least ! ) and checked many tires for proper inflation. Legal in all states , no permit needed. Only made 2 in my 43 years of driving not because it broke but I gifted one to a hand and always had a spare in my vehicle for the 1 hour trip to work and home after school.

Have a good day...
SS ☠️

My tire thumper - a hardwood dowel 18" long 2'' wide with a 5" heavy steel sleeve & cap on the end , a leather loop to keep it from falling from my hand always worked good in :::shit:::cago. It works on a well filled tire and a empty head. Just a bit of handy work from my government shop. Seriously saved my life 2X (at the least ! ) and checked many tires for proper inflation. Legal in all states , no permit needed. Only made 2 in my 43 years of driving not because it broke but I gifted one to a hand and always had a spare in my vehicle for the 1 hour trip to work and home after school.

Have a good day...
SS ☠️
No wonder there were so many tire failures on the road.
People beating on them with a billy club. :lmao: :lmao:

I'm happy to see we have so many bada**es here.. But the Intruder training was more about intrusions of the facilities, and nothing about off campus in the trucks.

Inside Company Property?

Just lower your voice a octave, inhale a barrel of air and roar, WAT THE F YOU DINNA IN HEAH!

They will freeze. By the time they sort out the mental codes people will be coming right quick.

People who have every right to be in the place are not the problem. Its the parasites that are easy to spot.

To be humorous, you should try out visitors. Oh we are here to see our 21 year old son work in his fine new job. The teasing that results will be the burn for the poor bastard.

They concentrated more on disgruntled employees, spouses, ex's and people with an axe to grind (or swing at somebody's skull) coming onto the property.

I remember that! Funny how they never talked or showed video of it until a few years AFTER all was said and done!