Averitt | Irene

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Tropical Storm Irene looks like it could hit South Florida Thursday/Friday, there is a VERY good chance it could be a huricane when it makes landfall. Keep your eye on this one, if you are under a load scheduled for a WPB or MIA area delivery during this time frame, use your smarts.
Looking at the WEATHER CHANNEL it looks like it's course brings it into Miami/Fort Lauderdale/West Palm Beach. This would affect I95,Fla Turnpike,US27 and to some extent I75. You may get in to deliver, getting out may be a different thing as people evacuate, you may get stuck.:smilie93C_peelout:

Be wary of the ill advisers at Averitt's corporate office. They will proclaim "business as usual". Don't do it. I've personally run through 2 Cat1 hurricanes and the wind sounds like it is going to rip your cab apart. When it's Armageddon in MIA and the sun is shining in CKV, these wizards of smart simply don't understand. Park that rig until you feel safe to roll, not when the dolts in corporate tell you too.

Just looked at the Weather Channel,,,,looks like it may stay a bit off shore from Fl and raise H#ll in Ga and SC. Anybody running I95,I10,I16 and I26 should definatly pay attention, could be a CAT3 when it makes landfall. Running I95 is going to be VERY DANGEROUS in SC,GA and north FL.