Estes | Is Estes strict on driving record?

2lj3_

Banned
Credits
Long story short I was offered dock to driver program at OD(currently employed as a dock). I was later denied due to having a Negligent Operator suspension from 2019. From what I been told this record of suspension stays on my driving record for 3 years and it’s been one and 3 months since. Currently I have zero tickets on my driving record just an ugly history of suspension. I really want to be a line haul driver so I’m getting my license through a trucking school. Currently it’s been mission impossible with the DMV/Covid. Next week I have my DMV appointment. I really want to be a line driver for OD but I know that won’t be possible anytime soon :(. So now I’m looking at Estes but scared history will just repeat itself.

Long story short I was offered dock to driver program at OD(currently employed as a dock). I was later denied due to having a Negligent Operator suspension from 2019. From what I been told this record of suspension stays on my driving record for 3 years and it’s been one and 3 months since. Currently I have zero tickets on my driving record just an ugly history of suspension. I really want to be a line haul driver so I’m getting my license through a trucking school. Currently it’s been mission impossible with the DMV/Covid. Next week I have my DMV appointment. I really want to be a line driver for OD but I know that won’t be possible anytime soon :(. So now I’m looking at Estes but scared history will just repeat itself.
Sorry to tell you that most LTL companies are about the same as far as qualifying, About the only thing you can do is be 100% upfront about everything at the start with them and if you have to do your 3 years then that's just what you will have to do. How many tickets and what for prior did you get the Negligent Operator suspension ? Was it in a commercial vehicle or personal vehicle?

Sorry to tell you that most LTL companies are about the same as far as qualifying, About the only thing you can do is be 100% upfront about everything at the start with them and if you have to do your 3 years then that's just what you will have to do. How many tickets and what for prior did you get the Negligent Operator suspension ? Was it in a commercial vehicle or personal vehicle?
In a personal vehicle and the suspension wasn’t due to an accumulation of tickets. I was cited for reckless driving and was given a suspension from the DMV for 3 months. The court on the other hand dismissed the case. That’s why I have no tickets and just a record of suspension.

In a personal vehicle and the suspension wasn’t due to an accumulation of tickets. I was cited for reckless driving and was given a suspension from the DMV for 3 months. The court on the other hand dismissed the case. That’s why I have no tickets and just a record of suspension.
good luck to you buddy but LTL is strict when it comes to driving records.. Does not seem fair to get a case dismissed but still be on your record. Good Luck

I’m actually going to leave OD. It’s a good company. It’s offered me two promotions within two months. I see how they treat their drivers. The atmosphere is family friendly and the open door policy is nice but I want to be a driver. I don’t like dock work even though I’m good at it. I’ll just have to work somewhere else once I get my license. I will leave on good terms since the TM likes me so I can return in the future. Pretty stupid for me to work at a :shit:ty company because of a “record”.

good luck to you buddy but LTL is strict when it comes to driving records.. Does not seem fair to get a case dismissed but still be on your record. Good Luck
Have you ever heard of a company called Dependable Highway Express?

Have you talked to a lawyer to see if there's a way to remove the suspension since the court dismissed the ticket?

We had a guy have his license suspended when he got charged with DUI. He blew into the breathalyzer and was over the limit in his personal vehicle. He reported it to the company. They let him drive a yard mule, he hired some scummy lawyer who got him off on a technicality, and went back to linehaul.
Cant hurt to try. Just be honest and make it clear that you weren’t found guilty of anything.

Hard for me to understand how your charge was dismissed by the court but yet you were still suspended by DMV. I must be missing something.
In my state, if you get pulled over on suspicion of DUI and refuse the breathalyzer test it’s an automatic suspension. Beat it in court and it’s all resolved but you still had a suspension. I had my license suspended once over child support... I had never missed a payment but the state said I did. Got it overturned after I showed the cleared checks...

Negligent is really going to hurt. Same as Reckless etc.

All Trucking Companies that have a DOT/MC number generally are going to run with the same challenges against someone who might have something like that stamped on their Driving Record by the home state. Suspensions is a whole another set of problems and indicates things are not well.

That I think combined with 10,000 other billy bobs wanting the same job you are applying for anywhere in trucking that hold clean DMV's and so forth are going to get hired before you.

There are tiny opportunities to run yard dog or something totally off road, as in on private company property, you don't need any kind of licensing at all to do that with a 18 wheeler. Just cannot put a wheel anywhere onto a public road at all. (Or outside the company gate)

Ultimately its the Company Insurance that decides if you are hireable or not depending on what you present with the DMV. They use that as a first filter to weed out problems like what you have listed so far.

I am not trying to be difficult or be a opponent. There was a time early in my Class A (Prior to CDL days) that my record was not that great. (Tickets by the stack) and ultimately took 3 to 4 years to cool all of them off. A judge did specifically enjoin the state not to automatically suspend me on points accumulation in those days. That's was how bad it was then.

Today's trucking with what I really consider extreme rules and regulations among other things behind the scenes, a little tiny whoospie or violation can destroy a trucker relatively easily.

In my state, if you get pulled over on suspicion of DUI and refuse the breathalyzer test it’s an automatic suspension. Beat it in court and it’s all resolved but you still had a suspension. I had my license suspended once over child support... I had never missed a payment but the state said I did. Got it overturned after I showed the cleared checks...
In Arkansas in addition to suspension, its a minimum automatic 10,000 dollar fine (Plus thousands in court costs and enforcement against you fees to come) and confiscation of whatever vehicle you are in. Hopefully its paid for in full and titled to you. Otherwise you are going to be tied up for a while in civil court etc. You will not see that vehicle again. It is sold and disposed of while the funds allocated to the PD etc.

Its not so much the violation itself that is bad (It is) its the State's newfound ability to saddle the offender with ongoing fees and fines that increase over and above whatever income that person may still have if any. It never stops.

Hard for me to understand how your charge was dismissed by the court but yet you were still suspended by DMV. I must be missing something.
for Most states Reckless is 2 parts like a DUI. There is the Motor vec part and the criminal part. A DUI is a misdemeanor and Reckless is sometimes also. The lawyer had the criminal removed but the DMV charge still stands. Most LTL and most larger Truckload consider reckless the same as DUI, so the whole thing needs to be off your record for 3 years.

When you are cited with reckless driving in California. You will have a court case and dmv hearing. Both related
Negligent is really going to hurt. Same as Reckless etc.

All Trucking Companies that have a DOT/MC number generally are going to run with the same challenges against someone who might have something like that stamped on their Driving Record by the home state. Suspensions is a whole another set of problems and indicates things are not well.

That I think combined with 10,000 other billy bobs wanting the same job you are applying for anywhere in trucking that hold clean DMV's and so forth are going to get hired before you.

There are tiny opportunities to run yard dog or something totally off road, as in on private company property, you don't need any kind of licensing at all to do that with a 18 wheeler. Just cannot put a wheel anywhere onto a public road at all. (Or outside the company gate)

Ultimately its the Company Insurance that decides if you are hireable or not depending on what you present with the DMV. They use that as a first filter to weed out problems like what you have listed so far.

I am not trying to be difficult or be a opponent. There was a time early in my Class A (Prior to CDL days) that my record was not that great. (Tickets by the stack) and ultimately took 3 to 4 years to cool all of them off. A judge did specifically enjoin the state not to automatically suspend me on points accumulation in those days. That's was how bad it was then.

Today's trucking with what I really consider extreme rules and regulations among other things behind the scenes, a little tiny whoospie or violation can destroy a trucker relatively easily.
i was just offered a dock worker lead position today and I’m already yard hostling. I have my DMV exam for class A next week and I had a major victory in court today. I got a full 100% dismissal on the reckless. Initially it was going to be dismissed and lowered to an infraction. Today everything was dismissed. I did the math and in 1 Year and 8 months, I will have a 100% clean driving record. I’ll be a line haul driver eventually at OD. I won’t give up on Estes though. I’m going to apply and give it a shot. Thanks for the response!

Lots of people have suspensions. They are quick to suspend your license these days for minor reasons. Think it's more about why it was suspended