FedEx Freight | Is fedex being fair on transfer

Zedd Rahl

TB Lurker
Credits
They have a new rule that when they post a transfer it is for their p&d To transfer to line not anyone else. Why post if you know you will only
Take your people? It has always been by company senority. You go to the bottom or road board but you can get in. Where is this new rule has anyone seen it ?

How many lake havasu turns did SBO have before the change?
How many did MRL loose. Follow the frieght only 4 drivers can transfer to SBO? They will let there dock workers and p&d drivers get those line jobs!!!

I'm sorry, but WTF is this thread about and could you PLEASE be more concise for the sake of our readers. And if I'm to understand this correctly (and I use this term loosely), you desire to move into a line position and their telling you no??
Firstly, you'd be insane to take a transfer to a line position at this point in time. If you'd take the time to read the other threads here it is perfectly clear FX is looking to slash their road expenses at any cost without ANY regard to its employees. IMO it is foolish to transfer now.

Oh, so basically he's asking why do they post a line position when an internal city guy is just gonna take it? Yea, that is pretty stupid. I always thought that policy was lame. You should post it at your center for a few days and if nobody wants it then I'd say screw you and post it nationally so everyone can have a crack at it, but I still say you'd be foolish to transfer for a road spot nowadays.

Imagine spending thousands on moving and then being told months later that they no longer need you.

Unless it was a freight relocation transfer, it has always been at AF/Fedex the local center city drivers had first shot at the line haul.

train depots running thru every fedex yard and nothing but purchase trailers hauling our freight and just think is they brokered all freight there would b no company drivers either

The original post is a little hard to understand, but I think whats happening is they have an opening for a line driver and are just informing the employees of the opening. No rules have been broken

Kinda funny how when you talk to Freight Veterans they all say the same thing. "I smell 75 to 80% of line haul will be done by any means besides company drivers. We will become an endangered species and then extinction". We can smell more contracting, rail and even burros moving our freight. DON'T LEAVE YOUR CITY SPOT!!!

They have a new rule that when they post a transfer it is for their p&d To transfer to line not anyone else. Why post if you know you will only
Take your people? It has always been by company senority. You go to the bottom or road board but you can get in. Where is this new rule has anyone seen it ?

The only rule I know about transfers for new positions at any given centers is, the available position is posted at that center for anyone within that center to transfer. If nobody wants the position, it is available for anyone from other centers to transfer in. If nobody takes that position from other centers, it will be filled from off the street.

If you transfer, you will go to the bottom of the board, You will keep your co. seniority for vacation time and for layoffs in the job class you're transferring into.

I don't have a problem with an internal city guy taking it, rather I have a problem with them posting it for all centers nationwide. Plain BS

I don't have a problem with an internal city guy taking it, rather I have a problem with them posting it for all centers nationwide. Plain BS

They post it for everyone to see. If you want to transfer into that center, you put in a transfer at your center, then if no one within that center wants the position, they will go by the date anyone from other centers put in there transfer.

They post it for everyone to see. If you want to transfer into that center, you put in a transfer at your center, then if no one within that center wants the position, they will go by the date anyone from other centers put in there transfer.

I get it. But it's a total waste of time applying for a position that is going to be filled by a city internal city guy anyway.

I get it. But it's a total waste of time applying for a position that is going to be filled by a city internal city guy anyway.

Not necessarily, I don't know about where you're at, but at our yard there's road drivers transferring back to the city.

Its going to be road drivers on the chopping block soon, not city drivers?

Not necessarily, I don't know about where you're at, but at our yard there's road drivers transferring back to the city.

Its going to be road drivers on the chopping block soon, not city drivers?

Well, I really can't argue with that logic. I'll b honest, I'm looking to transfer back to the city myself, so I can clearly see where your coming from. Like rats from a sinking ship. Sorry Rat :-)

Kinda funny how when you talk to Freight Veterans they all say the same thing. "I smell 75 to 80% of line haul will be done by any means besides company drivers. We will become an endangered species and then extinction". We can smell more contracting, rail and even burros moving our freight. DON'T LEAVE YOUR CITY SPOT!!!

Most of the road drivers at our barn pretty much have this same opinion.

And one of them that used to be a coach has a saying that really speaks to the title of this thread....

"There is no "I" in team and there is no "FAIR" in FedEx."

The way I understand it. A road position is offered on the basis of
1. In terminal
2. In regional area (By displacement)
3. Out of region (By displacement)
4. In region (Normal transfer rules apply)
5. Out of region (Normal transfer rules apply)
All rules subject to interpretation by anyone with really good kneepads

Well, I really can't argue with that logic. I'll b honest, I'm looking to transfer back to the city myself, so I can clearly see where your coming from. Like rats from a sinking ship. Sorry Rat :-)

That's just wrong!!!!...

Oh and BTW...that's MR. RAT. Heavy emphasis on the "Mr." part...

Ya lousy blisterd!!!

Bwahahaha!!!!:LMAO::6788::nutkick:

[SUB]THAT'S SOME FUNNY **** RIGHT THERE...DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE...THAT'S FUNNY!!![/SUB]

Rat

It's aways been like that since the american freightways days.....that terminals city drivers get first shot at a open road position....if no city driver wants it...then they take in outside transfers(roaddrivers) from other terminals that want the open position. It's a goofy rule but it's been like that for ages...