Holland | Is freight slow or what?

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
We are doing the same amount of bills per day but the over all weight is down about 25% compared to last year at this time. Plus we have about 6 more people than we had last year too. We're getting done around an hour to an hour and a half earlier than we used too.

that is their plan, to get freight on the road earlier, customers want their next day freight before noon not at 5:00 in the afternoon

It seems we are doing the same also. I picked up 3 shipments today, one was 18,000 pounds and a 20,000, and the other a 500 pounder, big shipments. Tonight we had 295 bills, and we are still hiring. Go figure. I suppose their idea is to cut the over time. 40 hours is great for me, just hope the others can survive.

I don't want to sound mean or anything but where does it say we are guarenteed overtime. The contract says we are guaranteed 40 hours. Just because we all have been getting unlimited overtime for the last 20 years doesn't mean we are entitiled to it. Some guys need to sel their toys.

rtm457 said:
I don't want to sound mean or anything but where does it say we are guarenteed overtime. The contract says we are guaranteed 40 hours. Just because we all have been getting unlimited overtime for the last 20 years doesn't mean we are entitiled to it. Some guys need to sel their toys.
I have a lot of toys and I survive on 40 hours. But some have extra baggage that they need to pay for. I am the first one to leave when it’s bumping time, they can have the overtime. Contract states that you are guaranteed eight hours if you turn a wheel and six hours if you stay on the dock. :bananapowerslide: