Holland | Is Holland Motor Losing Money!

tsr

TB Lurker
Credits
YRC says we are but we are NOT!!!!.......Now this may have been brought up before on this issue the the fact is Holland is required to pay 1 million dollars per week.........yes........per week to YRC for services rendered and hits a a hard cold fact. Yrc is simply skimming off the top to filter this money and pay off their bills. (FACT)........Holland since they were founded in 1929 never operated in the red till YRC took them over.........We are making money each and every week but...........YRC is keeping us down. bottom line YRC greed exceeds their stupidity. maybe I should say dumb like a fox !!!!!

I keep hearing that EVERYONE (Holland, Roadway, Readaway, and New Penn) but Yellow is in the BLACK. But we ALL must pay yellow for everything( Rent, use of our equiment,comp.,you name it).

Someone brought that up at one of our last meetings, and the regional mgr (TH, if that is his position) said that yes they do pay a fee to YRC, but it really is not that much due to reduced payroll costs from not having a seperate guy doing purchasing, advertising, and other redundant jobs, as well as combining some sales, etc. I think YRC is surely making out on this deal, so what would they have to gain by getting rid of us? I think it's convienant for them do make the numbers look bad for us, so they can use us as a punching bag when they have to talk to the investors. Sooner or later, that argument will get old though, and they will have to find a new punching bag. Can't wait until that happens.

Someone brought that up at one of our last meetings, and the regional mgr (TH, if that is his position) said that yes they do pay a fee to YRC, but it really is not that much due to reduced payroll costs from not having a seperate guy doing purchasing, advertising, and other redundant jobs, as well as combining some sales, etc. I think YRC is surely making out on this deal, so what would they have to gain by getting rid of us? I think it's convienant for them do make the numbers look bad for us, so they can use us as a punching bag when they have to talk to the investors. Sooner or later, that argument will get old though, and they will have to find a new punching bag. Can't wait until that happens.
Excellent post and I fully agree.

The fee that we pay per week is 1 million dollars......that comes straight from the oval office in Holland Mi. My source is 100% accurate. The person that told you a nominal fee is handing you BS.......That is why we are showing in the red YRC is skimming off the top.......

The fee that we pay per week is 1 million dollars......that comes straight from the oval office in Holland Mi. My source is 100% accurate. The person that told you a nominal fee is handing you BS.......That is why we are showing in the red YRC is skimming off the top.......

Then they must be skimming the reported 50-70 million they collect from the weights & inspection.Just repeating what the W&I person told me. If not that money would be pure profit,with it being after the fact it being above the original charges.

what does the million dollar a week figure have to do with anything? Doesn't YRCW own holland? They should be taking all the profits and reinvesting. I guess all them pretty new trucks and trailers were just gifts.

Then they must be skimming the reported 50-70 million they collect from the weights & inspection.Just repeating what the W&I person told me. If not that money would be pure profit,with it being after the fact it being above the original charges.

Our W/I guy was told first of year 1/2008 that he would no longer be employeed at holland that as of april 1 2008 he would work for Yellow lost vacacation time and some other fringes. Asked TM if he could bump it down to another supervisor and was told no. So who do you think that the yellow W/I guy is making money for yellow or holland

"Sooner or later, that argument will get old though, and they will have to find a new punching bag. Can't wait until that happens." I have to look closely at your comment here. Not sure if you want to wait for that to happen, it will likely to come at the expense of the USF group..........the punching bag will break..........thus be gone.

"Sooner or later, that argument will get old though, and they will have to find a new punching bag. Can't wait until that happens." I have to look closely at your comment here. Not sure if you want to wait for that to happen, it will likely to come at the expense of the USF group..........the punching bag will break..........thus be gone.
What I'm saying is Zollers has to come up with SOME kind of reason why they didn't make money for the shareholders at each meeting, and lately it has been the "regional operation". Don't you notice that there is always something happening about then? Re-structuring Holland or NewPenn, new Velocity centers, Utility Employees, buying another company, closing terminals here or there, combining sales, etc. It's always something to hide the fact that he cant do his job & run the core company properly. The investors are seeing through this charade, and I believe this latest one (total combining of Yellow and Roadway) will be his last if it doesn't work. It's like the guy who owes you money, but always has an excuse why he cant pay you. Sooner or later you have to either take matters into your own hands, or write it off completely, and either of those 2 options does not bode well for Zollers. Also, I think it would help their bottom line a little more if they sold us instead of closing us down, don't you think?

I think it would be better for YRC to sell Holland, but then they are still a competitor to YRC. My feeling is that you have a hand full of investors that may say enough is enough and "pull the plug" and cut their losses........on the publicly traded YRC. I thought that after this weeks announcement their stock may take a rise, not a $3+ drop.

I think it would be better for YRC to sell Holland, but then they are still a competitor to YRC. My feeling is that you have a hand full of investors that may say enough is enough and "pull the plug" and cut their losses........on the publicly traded YRC. I thought that after this weeks announcement their stock may take a rise, not a $3+ drop.

Unless YRC intends to get out of the regional business altogether I can't see them making a competitor. But then I couldn't see them doing most of the stuff they have done so far.

Unless YRC intends to get out of the regional business altogether I can't see them making a competitor. But then I couldn't see them doing most of the stuff they have done so far.
BP, If you do ever start SEEing :knockout:what YRC does clearly, SEE a doctor!

Our W/I guy was told first of year 1/2008 that he would no longer be employeed at holland that as of april 1 2008 he would work for Yellow lost vacacation time and some other fringes. Asked TM if he could bump it down to another supervisor and was told no. So who do you think that the yellow W/I guy is making money for yellow or holland

Could someone tell me what this means. I'm either clueless, stupid, or both, cuz I sure dont get this post.:1036316054:

W/I = Weight & Inspections (The dock men reweigh the shipments to get a true weight for a shipment and they all so check that the shippers are classifying the shipments properly) The W/I Clerks insure that this is done correctly. There is a lot of extra money made by YRC Holland doing this.

What he said is true. The ReWeigh and Inspection people that worked in that position at Holland, now do the same thing but are now employee's of YRC not Holland. Why this happened, who knows?

W/I = Weight & Inspections (The dock men reweigh the shipments to get a true weight for a shipment and they all so check that the shippers are classifying the shipments properly)

Do your guys have a way of knowing the class?
I have wanted them to include the class on the travel copy for a while but they havent yet. We have two W&I guys and I am pretty sure they went to yrc back in the spring sometime. From talking to them I get the impression that they better "find" a certain amount of corrections each day or they hear about it. Oh and our morning W&I person used to be anyone who was on light duty. Now they have a full time one who used to be a dock supervisor.

was talking to our w/i guy, we had 2 , one just quit. he finds between 150and 300 thousand a month in weight and classifcation corrections. that is one guy out of the two. this young guy is really in to it. he said they get about 50% of them to stick,depending on who the customer is . that is at one terminal. no wonder yrc stealing w/i guys.like cashcow said, we,npme have been doing that for 15 plus yrs.our forklifts have had scales on them for almost that long as well.amazeing how much profit must have fallen down the drain at yrc, considering there size compared to us ,if they have just gotten serious about w/i. just like claims,all comes off your bottom line.