Holland | Is Holland Motor Losing Money!

The supervisers at co tell use that npme will not honor our weight and inspections. I have had some freight 100 pounds off of what the npme bills say but most freight a lot less. I guess they dont trust us.:nono:

he said they get about 50% of them to stick,depending on who the customer is .
Yea, the only problem is the biggest offenders (Home Depot?) probably don't get charged. I wonder what the percentage is of the total fees due vs. fees actually collected? I guess anything helps the bottom line, but they do have a sizeable investment to recoup, including the price of all the scales installed and maintenance on them, plus lost produtivity of the forklift operator, and the salary of the W&I guy(s).

We were told that the scale program paid for itself in its first 6 months. In Me our goal is to weigh 90% of our frt. GRIZZ

We were told that the scale program paid for itself in its first 6 months. In Me our goal is to weigh 90% of our frt. GRIZZ
I don't know what our goal or our current percentage is but everyone has to weigh everything or get written up. A dock man can weigh shipment, stage it by the door and the loader can pick it up immediately and if he doesn't weigh it again he can be written up(and has).

I don't know what our goal or our current percentage is but everyone has to weigh everything or get written up. A dock man can weigh shipment, stage it by the door and the loader can pick it up immediately and if he doesn't weigh it again he can be written up(and has).

It seems so wasteful that a shipment is weighed more than once.

We are also required to weigh everything.We do collect about 90% of it(usually),but right now,with the economy and competition the way it is,I hear that Holland is having to give deep discounts to several customers just to keep them onboard.When Billy Lomax was our regional vp he told us that he would rather give the discount than take the freight off our truck.

Yea, we tried that at CF. It didn't work out so well...
A lot of people tried that and it didn't work too well.
On the bright side I was in a customers the other day bringing some freight that I hadn't seen in a long time and he told me that two of our bigger competitors had it and couldn't deliver on time and in one piece. Even though it wasn't up to him who brought it he complained to the shipper and now we have it back.
(specifics left out because I want to keep it).

A lot of people tried that and it didn't work too well.
On the bright side I was in a customers the other day bringing some freight that I hadn't seen in a long time and he told me that two of our bigger competitors had it and couldn't deliver on time and in one piece. Even though it wasn't up to him who brought it he complained to the shipper and now we have it back.
(specifics left out because I want to keep it).
Right on brother. Once this economy bounces back, I hope we here more of that going on. Customers shipping with Holland because of our rep. of On time/claim free!:1036316054:

Right on brother. Once this economy bounces back, I hope we here more of that going on. Customers shipping with Holland because of our rep. of On time/claim free!:1036316054:
It helped to remind me not to let my grievances with the company get out to the customer.

I just hope we are all still here if/when the economy bounces back,it could be a while before it does.

I just hope we are all still here if/when the economy bounces back,it could be a while before it does.
It WILL bounce back! The question is when. Try to think of the glass as half full, not half empty. You might be suprised how positive thinking makes you a better person all the way around. Worry about negative things when they happen and dont spend all your time thinking bad thoughts. ( I know it gets hard sometimes):1036316054: