FedEx Freight | is it fair to use spotters

The West speed limit is 65, even if the state or local limit is higher. If our drivers were driving safely and reasonably, there would be no need to monitor us. The west drivers need to slow down, especially in Ca, where many run 10 over the limit on flat land, and 30+ over the limit down hill. <<<Seen it with my own two eyes many times.

Jeff

If you think you are being followed simply dial 911. Tell the operator some shady slime ball is following you could be a truck hi jacker could be a terrorist, don't forget to mention there might be a weapon involved (I carry a knife like most drivers ,I didn't say who had the weapon) and sit back and watch what happens. You must defend our customers freight from harm at all costs!!!

Filing a false police report via telephone is a crime in california. Remember that you're being recorded by 911. Good luck hiring Jacoby and Meyers to defend you.:hysterical:

saddleburn :1036316054:
Do you know of anybody that has been nailed for this. What speed policy are you talking about?? I heard of drivers going over 80 MPH and that is only 5 mph over the 75 mph speed limit in Nevada, Utah and Colorado. I thought most cops would give 5 mph over speed limit. Any comments???
:smilie_132: :hysterical: :biglaugh:

Read the speed policy for FedEx Freight West. Getting caught exceeding the company's 65mph speed limit will get you spanked. Over 70mph, spanked really hard.
Oh btw, did you know that the company will swallow hook line and sinker, a claim by a spotter that one of our trucks did 71 mph on flat ground for three consecutive miles? Never mind the fact that the truck is governed at 65 mph.

The West speed limit is 65, even if the state or local limit is higher. If our drivers were driving safely and reasonably, there would be no need to monitor us. The west drivers need to slow down, especially in Ca, where many run 10 over the limit on flat land, and 30+ over the limit down hill. <<<Seen it with my own two eyes many times.

Jeff

Come on Jeff, 30mph over the 65mph speed limit? That would be a self correcting problem.

If I have to watch for the idots behind me It mite distract me from the ones infront of me.But then again they are always around me.My best rule is go with the flow of trafic and try not to let anyone else drive Your truck while Your in it.

Very Well said Top Cat ! Don't let Anyone dictate how you are driving... I usually run with one or two other drivers,,, and I choose who to run with (or not) so I don't feel pressured into driving faster than I feel comfortable. (this after 30 yrs in a truck off and on) If you feel unsafe,,, Slow Down !! The extra few minutes mean nothing compared to getting there safe.

Come on Jeff, 30mph over the 65mph speed limit? That would be a self correcting problem.

Hair, last time I ran BKF (About 2 weeks back) I had 3 of our units pass me going down 5 mile into Castaic, all were doing about 70 in a 40. I can tell you who they are and what barns they're out of and you'll not be surprised, given their reps for high speed antics.

saddleburn :1036316054:
Do you know of anybody that has been nailed for this. What speed policy are you talking about?? I heard of drivers going over 80 MPH and that is only 5 mph over the 75 mph speed limit in Nevada, Utah and Colorado. I thought most cops would give 5 mph over speed limit. Any comments???
:smilie_132: :hysterical: :biglaugh:

yes i do there were 2 drivers in the northwest that got tagged for 65. safety dept said there were 14,000 sightings last month how many were tagged i do not know.