ODFL | Is It Fair???

roaddog1

TB Lurker
Credits
Had my anniversary in July of last year, but had a preventable in October. Did not get my safety bonus for those years. My question is: if you reach your anniversary,safely,why do they deny your bonus for a preventable that happens 3 months after?:Violin:

Had my anniversary in July of last year, but had a preventable in October. Did not get my safety bonus for those years. My question is: if you reach your anniversary,safely,why do they deny your bonus for a preventable that happens 3 months after?:Violin:

Is it fair ? Don't sound like it. WHO....did you talk to about it ?

the dates for bonus are Nov1-Oct31.you start over at nov 1 no matter when you have a preventable even if it is nov 2.it is fixed in stone.

the dates for bonus are Nov1-Oct31.you start over at nov 1 no matter when you have a preventable even if it is nov 2.it is fixed in stone.

From what I know this is correct. Also if you begin the job after Nov. 1 you have to wait a cycle before you get a 1 year safety bonus. In other words if your anniv. date is Dec.1 you have to wait almost 2 yrs. to get your 1 year safety bonus and it's all about when you started at the current job even if you were an OD employee before that date.

Now to answer the orig. question, is it fair? I guess that depends on what side of the line you're on and since it's their ball and you have no reppresentation to argue the call it doesn't matter if it's fair or not.

Well, gentleman,that answers my question. I feel the answer is NO. But then again, that's how big business stays big. I still say it should go on YOUR anniversary, not theirs. Just like losing your seniority when you move about the company. If you work for them, it shouldn't matter where, especially when your not given an option.