Yellow | Is it just a matter of time?

According to some on here, the cash is all stashed in the Caymans, and Swiss banks. And some think because yrc themselves grossed a billion dollars for instance, that they have no expenses to pay out of that billion ....like it's all money in the bank.
On the subject of money ,I pulled a check from April 2003 and came up with an hourly rate of $20.38. If we only received raises based on inflation of the Consumer Price Index since then, we would be making $26.98 an hour now. Heck if you subtract 15% from the 2003 wage, then enter the lower amount, you still come up with $22.94, which is a dollar an hour more than I make now. And, this does not take into account the lost pension!
I can understand the frustration felt by many on here.

The banksters call all shots everywhere. When they say its time for YRC or SAIA to close...they will close. Because we let them run.our government. IMO.
And don't think for a second that they couldn't put SAIA right where we are within a few weeks RT.

What is this board gonna become once YRCW goes out and this forum is gone?
Are the mods gonna make a special forum for the YRC and subs unemployed?
This is the busiest forum on the board and we won't have anywhere to go. Lol.
:17142:
There's a thread on here for that
The trucking boneyard.
When we're done, you can make the first post for YRC

I wish the buyout of Roadway, and the USF group had never happened, and today see who would have still been around...
In the first couple years the buyout was a success. After that, Zollars got greedy thinking about fat stacks of cash in his bank account, and wasn't able to read the tea leaves. Now YRC has more debt than ALL of the other ltl carriers combined. Remember when that stroke was on TV all the time talking like he's someone important?
One thing though, this old turd keeps chugging along.
I'm talking about the company, not me. Well maybe me also.
There's a few things we do well.
Walmart keeps using us for now. Must be doing something right.

On the subject of money ,I pulled a check from April 2003 and came up with an hourly rate of $20.38. If we only received raises based on inflation of the Consumer Price Index since then, we would be making $26.98 an hour now. Heck if you subtract 15% from the 2003 wage, then enter the lower amount, you still come up with $22.94, which is a dollar an hour more than I make now. And, this does not take into account the lost pension!
I can understand the frustration felt by many on here.
I see your frustration 511. One thing is strange also that certain areas of the country have different hourly rates than central states, which I am assuming you are in? The hourly rate now since April 1st in the Chicago area is $23.27.

I see your frustration 511. One thing is strange also that certain areas of the country have different hourly rates than central states, which I am assuming you are in? The hourly rate now since April 1st in the Chicago area is $23.27.

$21.90 in the West. So, with that in mind you can see why someone in a high cost of living area would be perturbed by the lack of wage growth. I’m not as bothered by the regional differences, as I am by the incredible erosion of my purchasing power over the years.

$21.90 in the West. So, with that in mind you can see why someone in a high cost of living area would be perturbed by the lack of wage growth. I’m not as bothered by the regional differences, as I am by the incredible erosion of my purchasing power over the years.
Are you guys down there in CSPF?

SAIA is completely spun off. I want YRC to make it Slave. Don't go there please.
To answer your question. I think the banks will keep us open till they find another way to haul all of our freight. They are involved in everything and shutting us down will be a bigger risk. Other parts of the economy will take hurtings with lost and tied up freight.
The world economy seems pretty shakey and if they close us..they will need backup for the freight.IMO.

To answer your question. I think the banks will keep us open till they find another way to haul all of our freight. They are involved in everything and shutting us down will be a bigger risk. Other parts of the economy will take hurtings with lost and tied up freight.
The world economy seems pretty shakey and if they close us..they will need backup for the freight.IMO.
Not to dispute you Slave, but the banks will have nothing to do with where any freight we move ends up,if it ever comes to that. Some shippers may have some issues for a few weeks, but believe it, there is enough capacity out there to absorb yrc,and the regionals daily bill pickup...

In all seriousness ... Do you guys think YRC could or would shutdown? Where would you place the odds in the next few years?
Could and would shut down at anytime , when they see it befits them more to shut down & take the money and run they are gone and also when Credit Sussie & Cayman Island banks get tired of playing the number's game it bye bye bye ..............

Could and would shut down at anytime , when they see it befits them more to shut down & take the money and run they are gone and also when Credit Sussie & Cayman Island banks get tired of playing the number's game it bye bye bye ..............
I think you are probably right. If the company continues the rest of the year losing money they will pull the plug in my opinion. The 25 million first quarter loss is not good. If things don't turn around this year I don't see a 2018 ... 2019 won't matter if you get my drift.

I think you are probably right. If the company continues the rest of the year losing money they will pull the plug in my opinion. The 25 million first quarter loss is not good. If things don't turn around this year I don't see a 2018 ... 2019 won't matter if you get my drift.
There will come a time when you must stop the bleeding a create an exit strategy. The big issue would be what do you do with the profitable regionals. A bankruptcy declaration would be a challenge to say the least. None of us are lawyers so it would be best not to speculate. Let's just hope someone rights the ship called YRC.